IGNORED

New, to me anyway, Diff mount

I took a peek at my existing mount and it appears to be in decent shape. Would it be worth trying to replace just the arrester strap to stop or reduce the clunk or bite the bullet and go for the RT mount?

And I’m reminded of the words of wisdom spoken by my father “son, nothing is as easy as it seems”...

Just for poop and laughter I think I’m going to try a new arrester strap. The part is inexpensive and I have access to a lift to simplify installation. 

Late to the party. I have the same setup as you had. What ended up working for me was the new Diff Mount....the RT Mount (though I modified it so that it hit the top of the diff in the right place)....and a later model Mustache Bar. I can't remember if I used the later model drive shaft but I think I did. It's been around 6 months and I have so many different parts from all different year models laying around. The mod to the RT mount isn't rocket science, I have a welder but am by no means a "welder". It took probably 15 minutes. You will see what it needs if you go this way. The top busing needs to be moved to land on the diff correctly and not to interfere with the parking brake cable best I can remember.