IGNORED

Why this forum is unique

Av8ferg

For me, that Memphis ZCON was the start of faces to a screen, but it has continued since then.

I've hopped into a car with a Z guy I had never met before... In the middle of traffic. And after verifying that neither of us was carrying and axe, we went on a pub crawl.
I've met for pancakes in Princeton with Z people I had never met before.
I've met for project show-and-tell and food north of Toronto with Z people I had never met before.
In Orlando, when you've seen enough of the Great Mouse and the other tourist attractions... I've met up with Z people there.
I've even been invited to a meal at the parent's house of a Z guy who used to live close to me but now lives completely at the other end of the country.
When traveling on completely non-Z related events, I've made stop-offs to see some friends and make new ones.
I've met for coffee (and hopefully provide a short respite from the rigors and boredom of work travel) with Z people who find themselves in the area for a layover.

I'm wondering if it's just the food and drink.....  LOL

• Like 2

You and @Zup on I-85 in Atlanta is close to me and the crawl. I was scared for both you guys. Well then poor Mark and Kathy jumping in with me from Hartsville airport to Braselton after getting off a cross country plane ride. I think we're either nuts or very trusting. Maybe both?

Edited by siteunseen
  • Thanks 1

I was painting my house and got to laughing thinking of you and Kathy telling me to turn again and again but I kept driving past y'all's hotel. LOL

I think I did at least 2 illegal U-turns. I know how glad you were when we were getting the luggage out. Can't wait to see you and Kathy soon. Cliff 

While I was painting my neighbors gave a Christmas present they had gotten but then they got Covid. Greater later I say. 

20210123_140513.jpg

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 2

@siteunseen

Love the shirt!  When I bought my first Z (a 73 in 1981), my sister gave me a similar one, except on the front it had a full front view of a 240, and the back had the rear view.  I still have it!

Funny, while I was writing this, my wife ran to get the tee shirt.  We've had it for 40 years and she locates it in less than 30 seconds.  Further, our GSD Riley decided the tee shirt must be guarded since I'm infirmed.  I'm recovering from yet ANOTHER f%!/$@* injury so she wouldn't let me hobble to the basement or even get up (it can a real issue when needing the bathroom).  Last year this time it was a shoulder surgery.  I was able to enjoy four whole months of full activity after recovery before this horse spit happened.

Stay healthy all, and think through what you're doing!

20210123_182844.jpg

20210123_182905.jpg

20210123_182458.jpg

• Like 2