IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

13 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Yeah, IN THE BIN!  But Maybe one day they will suddenly be in high demand.. until that day...

I'm hanging on to mine. 

When did anyone ever think a 280zx sell for 30K.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DC871F said:

When did anyone ever think a 280zx sell for 30K.

Eh.. I would?  As i have invested few 1000 hours into mine.. i'm not selling under 35 grand euro's that is..  (You get a near new 280zx for that..)

The biggest problem is there are (in my country) few people that remember how good a 280zx was as it was a very expensive car overhere.. Yes they were rusty but also very relyable.  If you did the whole anti rust treatment you can have a good car for a very long time!

My comment was simply you never know what things will value for in the future.

I've sold some really nice 280ZXs over the years that today would sell for $25K, and it wasn't that many years ago.

They are really fun cars.

• Agree 2

On 3/6/2024 at 10:46 AM, dutchzcarguy said:

Eh.. I would?  As i have invested few 1000 hours into mine.. i'm not selling under 35 grand euro's that is..  (You get a near new 280zx for that..)

The biggest problem is there are (in my country) few people that remember how good a 280zx was as it was a very expensive car overhere.. Yes they were rusty but also very relyable.  If you did the whole anti rust treatment you can have a good car for a very long time!

Yours is very nice Mart !

I think the 280zx is more of a grand tourer, and it's interior and handling are much more modern compared to the 240z

• Agree 1

Love it, very nice build and built by a guy who knows 240Z's. Updated but still largely original looking, the only thing I would change is the 17" wheels.  Who knows with 240z market being so low at the moment but he should get $60,000.

I'm not seeing any body modifications to deal with the extra power and having built a 240z with the same kind of hp I can tell you when that car hooks up it will twist, the torque steer will be a real handful, but then, that can be a lot of fun too.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Nice car but a lot of color difference between front fender and door.. they were not painted at the same time.. (See the small pictures on bring a trailer.. there it's very visable)

The seller explained the shade variance my have been attributed to the filters used during photo session.

The walk around video of the car seems show more of a uniform paint finish.

Edited by DatsunZGuy

On 2/29/2024 at 8:28 PM, Dadsun said:

That white 1973 Z is a beauty. 

That's what I have, a white/red 73 that I've put refurbished paltech round top carbs in. I'm planning to sell it soon. Too much kids college tuition stacking up. Bought from the original owner 4 years ago.

I've now listed mine on Hemmings Auctions. Be gentle.

https://www.hemmings.com/auction/1973-datsun-240z-bains-la-602827

• Like 2