IGNORED

C’mon! Own up ...

AK260

4 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

You all must be a bunch of youngsters, our family ride was a 61 Bel Air wagon, 283 with 3 on the tree. Got my license in this baby in 1967. When I started dating the folks sold it and got a 1967 MG Midget that they let me take on dates. They must have known the old adage of "accidents in the back seat cause kids"!

Bel Air Wagon.jpg

Love the wagon!

Also, I am living proof of that old adage you referenced. A 1960 Chevrolet Impala convertible from what I am told. Leaving Star Trek GIF

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 2:33 PM, siteunseen said:

In twenty years I'll post about how the 280s were used like a sex swing in my teens. Open hatch with legs hanging out. LOL

Reminds me of the Pinto hatchback in Used Cars, one of my favorite Kurt Russell films.  One of the great scenes from that film...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqHZWdFVyyQ

30 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

Reminds me of the Pinto hatchback in Used Cars, one of my favorite Kurt Russell films.  One of the great scenes from that film...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqHZWdFVyyQ

What about when trashes the car and he says "$500? Seems a little steep to me" ROFL

I love that movie too!

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 2

Wow wow wow... I haven't thought about that movie in forever! I've seen it a bunch times, but unfortunately don't remember any good lines or situations. All I remember is a dead guy and one guy was very afraid to drive a certain color car. Yellow maybe? Red? Saw himself in a mirror on the highway?

@Pilgrim, I just watched that clip you posted. I remembered it as it played. That was excellent!   LOL    Disappointed I didn't remember that without the hint.

• Like 1

My favorite scene in that movie is when the dog wakes up the mechanic (who is sleeping on the floor with his acetylene torch on as usual) by peeing on his head. You hear the scream and he takes out the garage door chasing the dog.

Shows you the high intellectual level of humor enjoyed by people with graduate degrees...

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 1

Haha!! I remember that scene (now that you mentioned it). I wonder if one of the TV systems we have in the house will get that for me... I think I need to watch that movie again to refresh my memory.

If only I knew how to work the TV systems. We have Netfax and Disney Puss or something like that? I'll need a navigator.     :ermm:

• Like 1