IGNORED

Surprised Nobody Brought Up The Z Proto Reveal

w3wilkes

It was brought up and discussed here in a different thread

I like what they are doing with the car, and I'm just tired of the people crabbing about what they don't like about it.

The reveal party at ZCON was electric. I'm really glad I could see the reveal with a bunch of Z car enthusiasts.

My car even got into the reveal video at 17:58 and 18:50. 

• Like 1

I like the rear view and the side view. The front view doesn't do much for me. If they wanted to evoke the original car they needed to avoid a flat hood and put more character lines in it. Also, the more I see that grille the less I like it. Just a big black rectangle, no Z or any ornament on it. 

Maybe I'd like it in person, but I wouldn't put big money on it.

But then, I have no plans to sell my '83. 

56 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

I agree!  To my eye that's a considerable improvement.

I concur.  The current Proto front end looks like the designers just gave up on it.

I'm sure the aftermarket will have a lot of front end options to choose from when the final version comes out.

IMHO, if they go with 400Z for the name, it will be a failure to me.  It must be called a 300Z to match displacement.  As for the looks, it needs the front "bumper" to break up the grill opening and the rear tail light panel needs some work.  I'd rather see side lamps than a wrap around rear light panel.  It isn't a good look.  The tail lights should also be taller.  The rest of the shape is fine for now.

IMHO, if they go with 400Z for the name, it will be a failure to me.  It must be called a 300Z to match displacement. 

It’s an interesting point. The trouble with that is as we head towards downsizing and hybrids the numbers will head backwards and I guess the marketing depts want it to sound progressive. So going with displacement we may get the Z150E at some point! Or even the fully electric Zero! [emoji2957]    

• Haha 1