IGNORED

240ZBUILTBYME 1971 240z HS-001063 Project Sheena

240ZBUILTBYME

1 hour ago, Namerow said:

Out of curiosity, why did you buy the (rear?) valence panel before you discovered the damage?

Also:  Assuming that you really were referring to the rear valence, what does APS' panel consist of? (I'm assuming that it's just the usual piece that extends up only to bumper height).

There were rust bubbles all along the rear valance and they had bogged over the indent that the stock valance has, so I figured it would need replacing, thought I could sell if not needed. 

yes correct, APS one is only the lower section, but it’s better than others due to it having the stock compound curve and a more accurate exhaust hole shape.

• Like 1

That's an excellent piece of work.  The shape of the OE lower rear valence is interesting.  It's not uniform and when I first looked at the one on my 70 Z, I thought it had been tweaked from collision damage.

The proprietor of APS is a gifted metal shaper.  His inventory of offerings seems guided as much by the challenge of creating a new piece vs. the marketabilty of that piece once done.  Apparently he compensates in his pricing (which is probably quite fair).  Perhaps you should ask him if he's interested in recreating the entire rear panel.

BTW, APS is based in the east Yorkshire market town of Thirsk -- the centre of the world of the well-known BBC TV series, 'All Creatures Great and Small', and its lead character, animal veterinarian 'James Herriott' (real name, James Alf Wight).  It's a beautiful area and well worth a visit if you're in England.  I passed through a couple of years ago as part of a combined Goodwood Revival/Yorkshire Dales vacation.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Patcon said:

Does APS have a website?

No proper website, just his Facebook then you have to contact via email. He’s good at answering emails though. Easy to deal with. 
Apparently he does a excellent reproduction radiator support panel, expensive though due to the number of pieces and work. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Patcon said:

The James Harriet books are a great read

For a slightly different take on farming in England, watch the 2020 Amazon Prime series, 'Clarkson's Farm', hosted by the former Top Gear host, Jeremy Clarkson.  Really funny.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Ms. Racer #1 might hit you up on "faceplant"?

LOL I get a lot of holiday booty off faceplant.

If I ever cross paths with Mrs. Racer 1.0 again it will be too soon.

• Like 2