IGNORED

Just Another Damned Z Car Project Thread

conedodger

Well, that will hold up progress. 

This morning, my wife woke me up about 7am and asked me if I could take one of her care home patients around to their appointments today. I said "no, not unless you sing me Disney Princess Showtunes." I then fell back to sleep thinking I had successfully warded off that duty. A few minutes later, she woke me again singing "It's a whole new world..." I forgot she is friends with the singer who sang it for the movie and sings it on Broadway, Lea Solonga... 

Well, my day is shot.

• Haha 2

Ok, coils came in. Another thing I have to create something in order to use. These are the AEM 103mJ coils that were developed by AEM Performance Electronics and Haltech. The ones Duffy is using are not quite as hot but very close and probably not worth the difference for me to go with these but I can't find a mount for his and these are off the shelf at Summit and they are sort of local. I'm by Tahoe and they are in Reno and since we do all our shopping in Reno...

I have to design and create a mount for these, If you want to use the same coils, let me know and I will make extra. Not free but you will have a lot less hassle. These are about $75 each? Less with my military discount.

IMG_1971.jpg

On 4/10/2021 at 5:20 AM, mailnome said:

They look similar to the LS1/LS2 coils.

If you haven’t seen it, Godzillaraceworks makes a mounting bracket for them for reference

https://www.godzillaraceworks.com/ignition/l6-coil-bracket-for-gm-ls1ls2-ignition-coils-pre-order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does look as if it might work. My objection to GRW has always been their logo stamped into everything. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Why reinvent the wheel? I just found a DBW throttle body from Bosch Motorsports in 74mm which is slightly more than the calculation for engine 'need' that has a weld on flange with a 70mm square bolt pattern. I suspect it will work but I have to wait for it to come from Australia to check it. 

I will keep you posted.

Bosch-74mm-DBW-Electronic-Throttle-Body.jpg

Weld-on-Flange-To-suit-Bosch-DBW-Throttle-Body.jpg

Edited by conedodger
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2021 at 10:33 AM, conedodger said:

Why reinvent the wheel? I just found a DBW throttle body from Bosch Motorsports in 74mm which is slightly more than the calculation for engine 'need' that has a weld on flange with a 70mm square bolt pattern. I suspect it will work but I have to wait for it to come from Australia to check it. 

I will keep you posted.

Bosch-74mm-DBW-Electronic-Throttle-Body.jpg

Weld-on-Flange-To-suit-Bosch-DBW-Throttle-Body.jpg

Just got my bank statement for the purchase of this DBW Bosch Motorsport TB and the adaptor. The US/OZ exchange rate is certainly in my favor. This is almost $400 AUS but $100 less in USD! 

• 4 months later...