IGNORED

Perplexing "FUEL" light malfunction

dmorales-bello

An inline potentiometer would probably make it work right.  If you decide to keep it.  Crank up the resistance until the light is filament is barely visible in the dark, as described earlier, and it should brighten up when the thermistor gets exposed.

p.s. pretty sure ZCD was notified early in this thread but it's looking like they committed to this set of parts and are just going to keep selling them.  Like buying reman alternators at the local parts store.  Just keep returning it.  Too bad.

@zcardepot.com

p.s. #2 - if I understand all that's been desc (dang it just lost my cursor while typing) ribed in this thread then ZCD should be able to cut the line to the themistor, install a r (lost the cursor again) esistor and make it work right.  It will t (lost it again, with a new ad at the bottom) ake some rework but at least they can keep their investment in parts.

Edited by Zed Head

I wrote ZCD a couple of weeks ago and described the issue along with our conclusions (after so much friggin work!), and the "easy fix" of using a different resistance bulb. They thanked me for being so thorough, that my email would be forwarded to the "boss", but they had sold many sending units without any issues. They left it at that, regrettably.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just now, dmorales-bello said:

I wrote ZCD a couple of weeks ago and described the issue, or conclusions (after so much friggin work!), and the "easy fix" of using a different resistance bulb. They thanked me for being so thorough, that my email would be forwarded to the "boss", but they had sold many sending units without any issues. They left it at that, regrettably.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Right, they told me the same thing before they sent a replacement.  😕

This is one of those critical moments in running a business.  Do you take a relatively small loss, to keep your customers happy and your reputation in good standing.  Or do you hold your ground to save that small cost of fixing the problem, destroying the good will that exists and damaging future sales.  California Datsun comes to mind.  I hope these guys can handle the broad view.  They have a huge selection of parts now, the business has grown quite a bit since it first appeared, not that long ago.

This thread is like a case study in a business course.  What not to do.  Let's see what happens next...

https://zcardepot.com/

Edited by Zed Head
gerund is not ground
  • Like 3