IGNORED

Perplexing "FUEL" light malfunction

dmorales-bello

Bumping up over the page full of images...

Has Dr. Dave pulled that plastic piece out yet?  He already drilled a bigger hole in it.

You have a better movie memory than I do DWM.  I saw all of the talk about fluids and thought of Dr. Strangelove.  Couldn't pick the right quote though...

Bumping up over the page full of images...
Has Dr. Dave pulled that plastic piece out yet?  He already drilled a bigger hole in it.
You have a better movie memory than I do DWM.  I saw all of the talk about fluids and thought of Dr. Strangelove.  Couldn't pick the right quote though...
I tried pulling the cap off and applied quite a bit of force to it but it didn't budge. It's wedged into the can very solidly, much more than the stock Datsun piece. That's when I decided to enlarge the hole and leave it at that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Turned on the Hoover for you:

2 Repairs using alternate thermister

Mod to float type:

Possible Substitute Sensor

btw thermisters are used in synths to stabilize VCO's!

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 1

Anyone ask what bulb zcd used to make it work? I would assume that they tested this out before selling right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haven't asked but we can assume that the ZCD sender was designed to work with the original bulb since it's intended to replace the original sending unit.
Remember, according to ZCD their unit has worked well (to their knowledge) and nobody else on this forum has joined this discussion asserting they've had the same issue. Maybe it's a small batch of senders with an incorrect thermistor, or maybe it's my bad luck that I received 2 units with the same malfunction. I will contact them once again when we reach our conclusions with information that should be beneficial for their product development. After all, the intention is to help companies like ZCD in their mission to provide Z owners with high quality spare parts when needed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For what it's worth I got the same part from ZCD and had the same issue.  They sent me out a replacement which I will swap in eventually.

I also remember that this problem didn't start immediately - it manifested after a few months...

Edited by chaseincats
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, chaseincats said:

For what it's worth I got the same part from ZCD and had the same issue.  They sent me out a replacement which I will swap in eventually.

I also remember that this problem didn't start immediately - it manifested after a few months...

Could it be a cold gasoline/warm gasoline situation?  Was it cold out when it worked right and went bad when the weather changed?

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

Could it be a cold gasoline/warm gasoline situation?  Was it cold out when it worked right and went bad when the weather changed?

I don't believe so because here in TX it's been hot since before I installed it but an interesting theory anyhow.

I suspect it's just designed too close to the hairy edge of working (or not working). The one or two prototypes probably worked great on the bench, but now that there are more of them out in the field, the parts tolerances variability and operating environment are having unforeseen results.

Not that I've ever had that happen to me or anything........   :ph34r:

• Like 2