IGNORED

Fasteners for L30 intake/exhaust

Are you guys using anything special for intake/exhaust fasteners? I’m using a Datsun Motorsport header that has been on my car since the 70’s and a non-EGR L28 intake that has been extrudehone’d. The EFI will be controlled by a Haltech Elite 2500. 
I was going to just order some new fasteners from the ZStore but I thought I’d ask here first...

I run OEM studs . I’ve used the SS stud kit from ZCD - I believe - also . I have also used there copper flanged nuts - and they do stay tight . Tight enough to bring the stud out sometimes . But no washers to fiddle with . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2020 at 1:11 AM, conedodger said:

Steve, I have a new set of OEM studs in the E31 head. Help me though, ZCD?

Z car depot is correct . So you have the studs and you just need nuts . I like the copper ones ZCD sells . Or some good ole nut and washers 

22 minutes ago, heyitsrama said:

Do you not need to run lock washers with those copper nuts?

No, they are deformed so that installation causes them to lock on like a stover nut. Adding a lock washer would not be harmful if you would like but it would defeat the purpose of that nice large flange I think.

Edited by zKars

• 2 weeks later...

I just used red threadlock on my copper nuts - it hurt, but after a while they recovered - and the ones on the header have never come unstuck either. In fact taking one off to replace the washer with a different one, resulted in the nut pulling the stud out with it!!

2359784b6cbc838de7830a4e617f59d5.jpg&key=0009a3d4d5dadf25474fedd0256306070219f20c004fd54b242e7e742a4d4f27