IGNORED

Info needed for Series 1 240Z

RetSarge

CCE2C72B-475C-4226-9496-9294F712044D.heicI have owned my 1970 240Z since 1984.  I am looking to do a restoration in the near future even though the car runs great.  It does not have any rust or body damage although it does have nearly 170k miles on it.  Depending on information I receive, in part from this forum, I will be guided on how far to go with it financially.  Meaning, do I go all out and get all original parts or get aftermarket.

The serial number is:  HLS30-02846 with a manufacture month/year:  04/70.  A unique feature I have with this car, which I haven't seen on other 70's is, there is no vent/insignia behind the wing widows.

Any information would be greately appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

FF86F8CB-9772-4120-BCFB-9126FFCE1D55.heic

31 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

I agree. Has the car been repainted?

I repainted the car about 20 years ago, but this is how I got it in '84.  When I bought it, the seller said he was the original owner, but who knows.  Rehetorical question; why would someone remove it?

38 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

I agree. Has the car been repainted?

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

I would be inclined to believe they were deleted by a previous owner

I repainted the car about 20 years ago, but this is how I got it in '84.  When I bought it, the seller said he was the original owner, but who knows.  Rehetorical question; why would someone remove it?

2 hours ago, RetSarge said:

They remove them for the look usually. 

It originally had 240Z emblems on the wings.  Probably white Zs with a build date that late and that high of a serial number.  No vents, of course, as the hatch is vented.  The emblems would have been metal.

IMG_5916-2.jpg

• Like 2

@RetSarge - Back to your original post about a restoration. Your costs can vary widely depending on your approach. Returning the car to as it rolled out of the factory, i.e. stock, wil be very costly. Many of the Nissan OE parts are NLA and when found they are often "a king's ransom" in price. Another option is a very mild resto-mod where reproduction and aftermarket parts are used for the NLA parts but the ones selected are not readily visible or retain the original appearance  of stock. I can send you my build sheet from 10 years ago via PM to give you some idea of the breadth of parts involved in a resto.

Jim

• Like 2