IGNORED

1/71 #18720 a.k.a. Sakura

73str86

6 hours ago, 87mj said:

I have owned 3 240z cars previously.  All had the later style 4 speed.  I am putting together an early car with the series 1 transmission.  I hear they feel sloppy compared to the later version.  Is that your opinion?  Do you plan to keep the series 1 transmission?

I have had 2 cars with the series 1 transmissions.  You can replace the rubber shifter bushing with an aluminum or delrin bushing and it takes the slop right out of it.

On 6/1/2020 at 6:41 AM, 87mj said:

I have owned 3 240z cars previously.  All had the later style 4 speed.  I am putting together an early car with the series 1 transmission.  I hear they feel sloppy compared to the later version.  Is that your opinion?  Do you plan to keep the series 1 transmission?

I am replacing the early 4 speed with a 280z 5 speed. The original early 4 speed was definitely sloppier than any Z car manual transmission I've ever driven. I'd highly recommend the bushing upgrade mentioned above, although I've never seen them for sale anywhere.

2 hours ago, 73str86 said:

I am replacing the early 4 speed with a 280z 5 speed. The original early 4 speed was definitely sloppier than any Z car manual transmission I've ever driven. I'd highly recommend the bushing upgrade mentioned above, although I've never seen them for sale anywhere.

I believe I found them on Ebay, but that was many years ago.

Sorry, but I had to look it up. I'm assuming you meant the first definition and not the last ?:

Sakura (桜 (kanji), 櫻 (old kanji), さくら (hiragana), サクラ (katakana)) is the Japanese term for ornamental cherry blossom trees and their blossoms.

Sakura may also refer to:

• Sakura, raw horse meat, usually prepared as sashimi called basashi
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Damn, I haven't worked on my Z since June! 

I managed to finish sandblasting the crossmember a couple days ago. I need to hurry up and paint it with Master Coat. Starting a new job at the Subaru factory next week so my time will be limited, but looking forward to a work routine and making time for the 240z. 

121106513_3486808478043463_7923005698062324624_o.jpg

Edited by 73str86
photo
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 9:13 AM, Jeff Berk said:

Sorry, but I had to look it up. I'm assuming you meant the first definition and not the last ?:

Sakura (桜 (kanji), 櫻 (old kanji), さくら (hiragana), サクラ (katakana)) is the Japanese term for ornamental cherry blossom trees and their blossoms.

Sakura may also refer to:

• Sakura, raw horse meat, usually prepared as sashimi called basashi

Yes, cherry blossom is what I was going for lol.

• 8 months later...

Wow, I haven't worked on my 240z since October 2020! Sad. I bought another house and will be looking to move before the year is over. I am debating between buying a Summit body dolly/crate to transport the 240z with no suspension/crossmember or just assemble it all and transport. I just bought an 8.5x16 enclosed trailer for the move. Any advice either way?