Fan clutch stud orientation - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Fan clutch stud orientation

Featured Replies

Howdy,

 

I decided to remove the sick electrical fans and shroud I made after having the temperature crawl up when I was tracking my car. I think the temperature probe is not opening at the advertised 190*c.....

 

I saved the studs for the fan, but I can’t recall the orientation; does the longer threaded section go into the water pump/pully? Or does the shallow end ?

there is a picture in the ebay link below. 

https://www.ebay.com/i/323788088672?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=323788088672&targetid=884451011963&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=200807&poi=&campaignid=9250237630&mkgroupid=91978482457&rlsatarget=pla-884451011963&abcId=1145977&merchantid=101705618&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2tXjtonG6AIVBMRkCh3SxQhIEAQYASABEgJgcPD_BwE

 

im waiting for the glue to dry on the door lobe , someone answer quick! ? 

If you put the long end in the pump flange it will pass through by quite a bit because the flange is thin.  Wasted threads.  Therefore, the short end makes sense.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I use them for fishing hooks. LOL

I USED to use them for fishing but I quit. Now they're a very useful pair of locking pliers. Available at Walmart in the tackle department. Also a doctor's office when you're waiting on them to see you. Tounge depressers are a good get too. I lost popsicle sticks when I left my mom's.

 

Edited by siteunseen

  • Author

i ended up using my fingers, it was not too bad, but one of the nuts got my hands all cut up.... -_-

i tightened them till the flange started spinning due to the torque from the wrench, i did not see a spec in the 260z FSM....so 1million ft/lbs it was.

Rubber on the door lobe also dried, passenger door seems to need a little more adjustment.

 

Thanks for the help @Zed Head @siteunseen :wub:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.