IGNORED

[2020] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

We'll be back into the 50's by Monday.  Colorado at 5K feet is like that - winter alternates with moderate temps.

I got a compact sub to add low end to my stereo, but it has to fit under the driver's seat. I'll run the car to my garage and loosen the seat to see if it will fit. Got my fingers crossed, there's not a lot of room under the 280ZX seats.

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 1

I really feel bad, as the most I have done with my Z cars lately is move them around some. Been cleaning and organizing my shop mostly. I cleared a spot between the Camaro and the 70 240Z at the back of the shop for the 72 240Z, so I can do the 140,000 mile service on the 2001 Ram 3500, two and a half gallons of oil, new air filter, replace the thermostat, pull 6 tires and wheels, inspect the brakes (gonna need new front rotors, pads and calipers soon) inspect the tires and pick all the rocks out of them, rotate and reinstall, and torque 32 lug nuts. 

Next up is a repair on the oldest grandsons 2013 Focus.

Then oil change and service on the 1948 Ford 8N tractor. That thing is 72 years old and it just keeps on going. The Energizer Bunny has nothing on the Ford.

Next up, the 1972 Kubota L260 tractor that I mow with. Oil change and service. The 6 foot finish mower needs the blades sharpened, and the PTO shaft needs greased.

Can’t leave out the Kubota GR2110 diesel riding mower that Mrs. Racer mows with, oil change, sharpen blades and general service.

Then the 1995 F150 Eddie Bauer needs an oil change, transmission service, and both fuel tanks replaced.

By the time I get all that done my daily driver, a 2005 Subaru Legacy wagon will be ready for the 190,000 mile service. It will be due for a timing belt at 200,000 miles, so I’ll order up a belt.

Then I might get back to work getting the 72 Z driveable again. After sitting for 22 years there are many things that require attention.

669755C8-181A-4198-A53B-D1A5DD66B445.jpeg

1DD514BA-DE91-4C64-8B46-82B8A3464639.jpeg

61732331-0B58-471C-B7DC-A2DB44C20585.jpeg

Edited by Racer X
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

I should have been posting on this thread for a month. Been something each day. 
today i finally got a load of mt 90 into the tranny the hard way. Through the reverse sensor opening.

installed a new clutch slave and had a go at removing the front bumper (not as simple as one might think)

rad tomorrow.

AB232266-4A55-4BAA-B566-A5164E564BD3.jpeg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

A big pipe wrench and a floor jack on the end of the pipe wrench is what I used after trying to be gentle with the fill plug. It chewed up the plug a bit but it came out.

I thought about that, but the sensor was so easy to remove. One quick haul on a vise grip, unplug and hand loosen. Next time it goes on a ramp ill get the filler plug out and put it back in hand tight.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, davewormald said:

A little long weekend work on wheel well cleanup this past Monday.

20210524_165324.jpg

Looks more like an afternoon sitting in the shade, drinking piña coladas. 🙂

Edited by Racer X
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Racer X said:

Looks more like an afternoon sitting in the shade, drinking piña coladas. 🙂

But look at all that clean, shiny metal (and the gaping hole in the front of the rocker panel)! I managed to wait until the car was back in the garage before cracking the first beer!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...