IGNORED

The blue 510

grannyknot

9 minutes ago, zKars said:

That is totally cool. A thing to hang on the wall and tell lies about for years.  

Yeah, that's from the time I was being pursued down the freeway by a dozen LAPD, the sparks were flying but that old 510 out maneuvered them all. By the time it was over it looked like the end of The Blues Brothers.

bluesbrothersstatetroopi.1756.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

I have done a few things since April but most of it is wrapped up in Saran wrap on the shelf. All the suspension is down now and it's down at the sand blasters, hardware is at the platters.  These are the shortened front springs, how does one do that to a set of springs? This car has lived a hard life.

@zKars you can add a brake pedal return spring to my wish list,  The bench mounted wire wheel ripped this one out of my hand today but not before pulling my hand in with it, I really thought I broken my wrist but I got lucky, just some tenderized meat.

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

• Sad 3

That does not look like it feels good.  Sorry that happened to you, though the thread looks nice in your hand.  Do the sewing yourself?

Last time I pulled a stunt like that, my best buddy sewed me up.  Saved me a lot of trouble and cash!  Now I owe him.?

Funny, your story reminds when I was in high school,  I tried to use a similar wire wheel to clean up a metal vacuum line.  Within 3 seconds of starting, it was ripped from hand and I never saw it again.  Ahh, such good memories!

• Haha 1

We all know the "pain" working on these old cars. Pain in the arse, pain in the hands. I said I'd get a manicure after building the last motor but guess what? I lied.

A peticure would be more cost wise for me. LOL

Chris they say that THC is helpful for pain but I would'nt know. It's illegal down here.

Edited by siteunseen
  • Haha 2

It's actually not too bad now,  I wrapped it with those flexible ice packs immediately and kept a fresh one on it for the first 5-6 hrs.  It's the swelling that really causes the pain, ice is great.  I have a lot more parts that have to be wire wheeled so I figured I better get back on the horse, grabbed the clutch pedal return spring and cleaned it up on the wire wheel.

It was a bit freaky.

• Like 1