IGNORED

L28 full rebuild assembly

Av8ferg

If you want to start hoarding ECU's and AFM's and ignition modules are getting harder to find.  Always nice to have some known-good parts on the shelf for torubleshooting.  Keep an ECU and ignition module behind the seat, ready for the sudden-failure that those parts can experience.

Edit - not sure which ignition module you're going with.  but, others might need one.  The bulky 280Z modules by the fusebox.

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 2

And halfshafts.  I had a bunch.  Usually the u-joints are fine and all you have to do is remove the screw on the Zerk hole, put a Zerk in, and regrease.  Check the u-joint seals for pliability and rust.  They dry out and break up.  280ZX halfshafts will work fine in a Z also.  Cheaper and usually better than replacing yours with $20 u-joints that might be loose from the start.

Also look for Tokico lowering springs.  They're red and will say Tokico on them, I think.  Discontinued but people really liked them when they were available.

https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/classic20c02

John,  looking for the lamp / cable with T plug for the heater control panel.  The socket is broken on the 280 I'm working on.  Easy to remove, just the 4 screws holding the trim panel on.   Lamp plugs in where the black socket is above "Fresh".     Enjoy your yard adventure ...

panel Lamp.jpg

Its a complete assembly, a cable with the socket for the bulb on one end and the T connector on the other end.   In the pic you can see the black cable running from the broken socket to the connector on the right.   I think the socket gets brittle and breaks from the heat of the bulb over time.

It's surprising, but my wife comments on how much is out of stock at the grocery store even though it's not being swamped. One of our theories is more people are eating at home and cooking. So they are buying up the ingredients, spices meat, etc

• 4 weeks later...

Hey does anyone know if a lower alternator bracket is the same for a N42 block and F54 block. I need one for my 82 motor I’m building. The cars in the yards I’ve seen are too hard to get to, bolts rusted, difficult location to reach etc... I’m thinking about just buying one. If anyone has one they want to sell me, please let me know? Ebay has one for $26 but says it’s for a 70-78. I think the F54 has the exact part but not sure.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-TO-1978-DATSUN-240Z-260Z-280Z-ALTERNATOR-LOWER-MOUNTING-BRACKET/233221507353?hash=item364d15c919:g:zbUAAOSwvYRb5ez5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll look tomorrow John and see if I have an extra, and send it off to you.

Jim,
Let’s call it even and I’ll send your interior light bar and wire. I’m back in Memphis for work this Sunday. I’ll ship it when I’m there. Flying to Montana next week. They got low Covid-19 numbers. I’m trying to fly to low risk areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk