IGNORED

Bring a Trailer Experiences

CanTechZ

I will add my experience to conversation so others are aware.  Back in March I sold my 1988 Mercedes Benz 560SEC on BAT.  I had already taken a lot of pictures and made videos based on my review other successful auctions.  When I submitted my info I asked for a reserve of $10K and they accepted it from the beginning.  I think it only took them a day or two to assign an auction team member to me.  We did two rounds of reviews for the text and they accommodated my go-live date since I suddenly had to go out of town and wanted to be available to answer questions during the auction.  

The reserve was met and the buyer turned out to be a fellow MB owner and was familiar with the W126 cars.  He chose to pay via a bank wire transfer and had the car picked up by a transporter a few days later.  Once he paid I over-nighted the title to him.  It went to Jamestown NY and I have not heard anything from the seller so I assume he is happy.  Overall I had a good experience with BAT and would recommend it as long as you know what you need to do as a seller and to properly set your expectations.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-mercedes-benz-560sec-12/

The big thing you have to keep in mind is, BAT is in the business to SELL vehicles and related parts.  They know their buyer demographic, what sells, what doesn't, and what people click on.  They want to create the highest probability a car or part will sell so that is why they come back with low reserves or no reserves.  My brother went through this with his supercharged Acura coupe.  They did not want any type of reserve and will not speak to him on setting one.  

• Like 1