IGNORED

Lightening of the flywheel

2 hours ago, SoCalJim said:

Thanks Leon!  I’m going to stop thinking!

58 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Leon V suggested the cheap stock oem clutch and pressure plate was fine, and it was/is. Exedy 6009 I think from amazon, $100. Works great. Thanks again @LeonV

Saved me some $. I was about to go with a $300 stage 3 kit from Center Force.

??

• Like 1

12 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Leon V suggested the cheap stock oem clutch and pressure plate was fine, and it was/is. Exedy 6009 I think from amazon, $100. Works great. Thanks again @LeonV

Saved me some $. I was about to go with a $300 stage 3 kit from Center Force.

That's what I run in my racecar.  It has worked great.

How loud are these lightened flywheels?  I've heard they make a noise similar to a diesel truck?

Are there any lighter double mass flywheels (stock style) that are lighter which would eliminate the chatter (I can't find any)?

Edited by chaseincats

1 hour ago, chaseincats said:

How loud are these lightened flywheels?  I've heard they make a noise similar to a diesel truck?

Are there any lighter double mass flywheels (stock style) that are lighter which would eliminate the chatter (I can't find any)?

Never heard that before.

Get your OE one cut and lightened. Thats the cheaper route.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Never heard that before.

Get your OE one cut and lightened. Thats the cheaper route.

This is an extreme example of the single mass (light) flywheel noise - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vUdmshAsYM&t=20s

I've heard shaving down the OE flywheel can weaken it to the point it may shatter if done improperly - is this true?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LeonV said:

Stock flywheels are single mass, dual mass flywheels were not around when these cars were built. A light one won't be any more noisy than OEM.

Ah ok, good to know.  Is the transmission chatter then a thing that happens when putting a single mass flywheel on a car designed for a double?