IGNORED

"Brand new" 280Z

brunodoggy

6 hours ago, DatsunZGuy said:

Is there caked dirt on the clutch pedal?  If not, that looks pretty worn for a low mileage car.

Yeah, I can't figure out what to make of this car. Strange mix of what looks completely new and other stuff that just doesn't look quite right. That's why I'm looking forward to a copious number of high quality pics.

• Like 1

look under the front carpets floor boards for rust.

engine bay look under the battery and under the brake master cylinder for  rust.

rear hatch, open and look on the car body, not the hatch, on the corners on the bottom of the opening for rust.

tap along the dog legs of the body see if they sound the same as the rest of the body (common area for repair with too much bondo).

look under to body for damage to the frame rails from improper lifting. Read up on the correct way to lift before letting any one work on it for you.

dusty snorkle (there is that word again CO). Clean undercoat and heavy dust on top. Seems to support the idea of something new that sat undisturbed for years. Crud on pedal, drove it in garage, never looked at it again. Very interesting. OP if you can get some video.

Edited by Dave WM

2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Yeah, I can't figure out what to make of this car. Strange mix of what looks completely new and other stuff that just doesn't look quite right. That's why I'm looking forward to a copious number of high quality pics.

I think a short voyage is a better idea!

Can anybody read this?  Good data right there.  Engine serial number, etc.  Build date is on the door jamb tag.

Lots of highly suspicious people out here.  Nissan made mistakes on these cars, but it looks like it what the guy says it is, to me.

image.png

Why are the intake manifold bolts orange?  OMG, it's been molested...

image.png