Picking up a 1977 280z 6 Hours Away. Tips? - Page 4 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Picking up a 1977 280z 6 Hours Away. Tips?

Featured Replies

  • Author

What does the rear diff block plate looks like? Sorry, I'm not too sure what to look for ?

16 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I thought it was passengers rear, the farthest from the m/c? I've been doing it wrong! Not a big deal though, it stops. :beer:

Hey Cliff, it's deceptive, the rear brake line on the driver side is actually longer than the passenger side....     who knew :cool:

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I thought it was passengers rear, the farthest from the m/c? I've been doing it wrong! Not a big deal though, it stops. :beer:

Me too - for over 50 years.  I guess I'm lucky to still be alive.

Dennis

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Yesterday I was able to finish putting in the resurfaced drum rotors and brake shoes. Today I'll be doing the front brakes.


My turn signal and headlight/windshield wiper combo aren't working. Where would be a good place to check it out? I bought electrical cleaner yesterday.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Hi guys,


I did some work on the Z today. I replaced the fuel filter, transmission fluid.

 

I need to replace the fuel injector because I have one that is not firing. Should I replace all 6 or just the one not working? Is it okay to buy a re-manufactured injector?

 

Do you guys advise buying this set: https://www.ebay.com/p/Set-of-Six-Factory-Reman-Nissan-OEM-Injectors-1975-83-280z-ZX-2-8l-Non-Turbo/24013354735?iid=201509531117&chn=ps

It would be smart to replace all 6 as a matched set unless the budget does not allow it.  To get to one, you have access to all at that time.  Renews all the seals & the short fuel lines.

The Ebay set looks good to me, price wise and they are Nissan.   My 2 cents.

10 hours ago, BayAreaZ650 said:

Hi guys,


I did some work on the Z today. I replaced the fuel filter, transmission fluid.

 

I need to replace the fuel injector because I have one that is not firing. Should I replace all 6 or just the one not working? Is it okay to buy a re-manufactured injector?

 

Do you guys advise buying this set: https://www.ebay.com/p/Set-of-Six-Factory-Reman-Nissan-OEM-Injectors-1975-83-280z-ZX-2-8l-Non-Turbo/24013354735?iid=201509531117&chn=ps

are you sure its the injector and not the wire connection to the injector? They often become corroded and you end up with poor contact of the pins. I don't know exactly what is done to refurbish injectors, they don't look to be rebuildable other than replacing the small filter screen and plastic cap on the tip. There are places that offer cleaning services if its just a matter of improving the flow.

What he said. You might not have to replace ANY injectors.

Have you verified that the issue is inside the injector itself and not something else?

Assuming he does indeed have a bad injector, you guys are cheap.. LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.