IGNORED

I want to buy a cheap 240z-280z!

moozieman

Hey! I've spent a while looking for a cheap car. I really only care that it has a decent/fixable body. I've come across a few for less than 1k, but the sales keep falling through. Any leads or suggestions? 

Edited by moozieman

30 minutes ago, moozieman said:

Not necessarily. Im just saying that I've found a few other good cars for around that much.

I think you will find a $1000 z to be well along to being a rusty pile of parts.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, moozieman said:

I've found a few other good cars for around that much.

Kinda hard to believe. Not saying you didn't.

I have been searching for awhile for body parts, let alone a whole car, and haven't come across anything that cheap. That was salvageable anyway.

Good luck with your search.

Edited by rcb280z
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 10:47 AM, moozieman said:

Hey! I've spent a while looking for a cheap car. I really only care that it has a decent/fixable body. I've come across a few for less than 1k, but the sales keep falling through. Any leads or suggestions? 

Have you checked your previous posts? Lots of project cars posted, although most are ZX...... but, it will get you feet wet. Baby steps.

My suggestion would be to look towards more modern cars (that are still being junked, cheap). 12 years ago I bough a rolling heap of scrap metal that I was able to dissect all the pieces and parts off it and that cost me $400. In today's dollars (by demand) that would be a  $2K parts car.

In 2004 I bought my 2nd Z for $3k - I wouldn't sell it for a penny less than $50K. Is it worth $50K? Nope. But that is what it will cost me to sign the title over to you today. Tomorrow's another story. Prices will continue to rise. Parts will still be NLA.

18 minutes ago, rcb280z said:

And were available in almost every wrecking yard. I used to love to walk thru them collecting parts here and there. Should have picked more.

I get updates at least once a week for "new" Datsuns entering a network of junkyards (row52.com)

Last S30 update was back in January... They are getting scarce... If this was local, it would be crushed by now

Edited by wal280z
edit in bold