IGNORED

Which engine for a 77’ 280z

Av8ferg

12 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

It has new plugs. I did a valve adjustment but may not have not done it that well. It was like 22 deg outside when I did it. My biggest concern is the white exhaust smoke. With the freeze plugs rusted out, not sure what type of internal rust is in there. I also believe there are some vacuum leaks. The idle adjustment really has no effect other than making it idle worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted in your video, did not see the link here. anyway do a power load test, disable one injector at a time (un plug the connector) and listen for the effect on the idle. If you or more do not cause a big drop in RPM then suspect them. If you find a suspect, I would do a compression check, spark check, and of course a fuel delivery check. I even bought one of those color tune clear plugs just so I could look at the combustion.

Does the white smoke every go away? if its cold it could just be condensation of water from the combustion process. Have you seen any oil slicks in the Rad? any evidence of water in the oil pan? You could also try one of those testing units they sell at NAPA that look for combustion gases in the rad, draws air up thru a blue fluid  from the top of the rad, if the fluid turns yellow, there is combustion gas present.

Edited by Dave WM

Well, I told her this is better than gambling, drinking to excess and all sorts of unhealthy things men do. ;). I need an outlet and turning wrenches is one way. I’ll get a text when I am work in two weeks, it will be pic of the engine in the garage and she’ll say..”what is this”.

• Haha 3

Well, the Engine rebuild book arrived today. My wife opened the package, “she yells from he door....we got a “Nissan Datsun Engine Rebuild book”. Me: cough cough...okay great. She’s smart she knows somethings in the hopper.

• Haha 2