IGNORED

240z - fabbing new front rails

ConVerTT

11 hours ago, wheee! said:

He probably has 14 pages of engineered drawings he whipped up over lunch one day...

Haha!! I was thinking the exact same thing! And it probably involved lasers. And possibly even sharks.

11 hours ago, ConVerTT said:

cut, weld your HSS.

Where I come from, "HSS" is "High Speed Steel", and is hardened. I'm assuming that's not the same thing you're using it for, because if so, there's no way you're going to use it for a rotisserie.

Where I come from, "HSS" is "High Speed Steel", and is hardened. I'm assuming that's not the same thing you're using it for, because if so, there's no way you're going to use it for a rotisserie.

Well he does have a ball bearing system on that rotisserie so speed is an option.

32 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Well I hope the rotisserie doesn't end up spinning at high speed - that would be a FAIL!  HSS:  Hollow Structural Section (fancy schmantzy for square tube)

PS: oh there will be lasers involved - guaranteed ??

Edited by ConVerTT

Had some fun this afternoon ... jig is now on casters...no drama...

10788BC5-7530-42CB-B1E3-25B0519F5DD0.jpeg

143A9BD5-56F5-4BE7-8645-91E42CA1D676.jpeg

The front rails and strut towers are still supported by the jig.  I think I am going to do some spot blasting and then seam weld the front before dropping the front braces (at the cross member and sway bar attachment points).  Then I will just use some shorter horizontal rails on the jig and use it as a 4 wheel dolly until it goes on the rotisserie ???

more pics here  ...

Picked up a bunch of stuff from @Richard McDonelyesterday.  A very nice gentleman with a beautiful 918 orange restoration underway ....

He had a lot of great stuff for sale.  Loaded my Avalanche to the brim - might have to go back ...

I thought this was interesting.  Vertical defrost but no vents ....

435A0697-F8B0-4B8E-A0D1-FB04E060A53B.jpeg

Took a flyer hoping this steering rack is in better shape than it looks.  I get a little nervous when someone has painted over the boots, bushings AND mud ???

50EF3F9E-7DE1-46DC-B632-FF3DAEC11361.jpeg

Fortunately the rack moves smoothly from lock to lock.

30 minutes later had this ...

7389AE79-EE89-4C33-BCAD-63DFF071F2FC.jpeg

742735AB-F8A4-4136-A0DA-593AE56F7AE2.jpeg

and this ... ??

B73A6434-E6E1-4963-BFD6-7C567F5787BC.jpeg

Grabbed a couple of fenders and a set of early doors to experiment with ...

2143A3EE-6337-4D89-8B89-7FBBEC1A1DA5.jpeg

900D5207-6290-4741-8DB0-E1C283A042F3.jpeg

And couldn't resist this ...

619EF583-1E30-4B54-B4E6-9BCFC1DF456F.jpeg

all in all, a decent haul ... might have to go back ?

Edited by ConVerTT
  • Like 3