IGNORED

240z - fabbing new front rails

ConVerTT

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

That looks good. A very hard part to duplicate. Imagine what repops would cost if they were available?

Thanks!  So I don’t know but I have quite a few hours into it (including some “grrrr-just walk away time”) so I imagine it wouldn’t be cheap.

Edited by ConVerTT
Added
  • Like 1

So I need a little bit better dust management now that spring is sprung, so I can take the covers off the summer cars and still grind away (literally) on all the weld cleanup that I need to do on the front end...

Enter dust booth V1.0. ...

1A7B27EE-AA34-4CA6-BB2C-655584C5C961.jpeg

56E6F5AA-1D74-4FB1-BCE1-65944174E21D.jpeg

Made from 1 1/4 angle iron (Meccano for Adults ?) and 6 mil vapor barrier. I might add a fan and filter - we’ll see how it goes...

and yes it will double as Part A of the modular paint booth when the time comes ???

Edited by ConVerTT
Typos
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

I like it!  I was just about to start building my paint booth out of 2x4" but the adult Meccano looks a lot easier to tear down afterward.

Thanks!  Home Depot Canada had the 8 ft lengths on for $13.20 a piece, which I thought was pretty cheap .....cleaned them out ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, grannyknot said:

I like it!  I was just about to start building my paint booth out of 2x4" but the adult Meccano looks a lot easier to tear down afterward.

And the adult Meccano  is very light to reposition.  The whole assembly can be pulled with one hand...

• 4 weeks later...