IGNORED

JNC NEWS: This is the production 2020 Toyota Supra

Mike

26 minutes ago, wheee! said:

Couldn't disagree more. Looks like a hacked up Miata designed by a French and Italian committee with a Greek budget.....

...to each his own.

Agreed, it could use some design changes to closely match the original Z, especially on the front end.   However, I think Toyota did catch some of the design queues from the original Supra, which I think looks a lot like the original Z.  It's interesting to see how these two different Japanese companies are moving forward.

That said, not sure I would pay $50k for a base model..

Toyota-Supra-A90-2000GT-silhouette.jpg

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Agreed, it could use some design changes to closely match the original Z, especially on the front end.   However, I think Toyota did catch some of the design queues from the original Supra, which I think looks a lot like the original Z.  It's interesting to see how these two different Japanese companies are moving forward.

The original Supra? I don't see it. ?

1979_toyota_supra-pic.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the body is wayyyy too busy, looks like they smashed various Lexus front end parts on a poorly conceived body. The rear end is so chopped up, it looks like they could not decide on a single flowing line so they just added more..... so disappointing.

So it has the engine and trans from a Z4. What else? I think I heard something about the chassis being shared as well. Basically it seems like it's just a Toyota factory modified Z4. It's not special. The previous Supra was special. It might end up being a good car, but IMO it's no Supra. They should have called it something else.

7 hours ago, wheee! said:

I think the body is wayyyy too busy, looks like they smashed various Lexus front end parts on a poorly conceived body. The rear end is so chopped up, it looks like they could not decide on a single flowing line so they just added more..... so disappointing.

Exactly, phoney areo wings and ducts all over it, maybe in a few years when people get tired of this look clean lines will come back into fashion.

• 2 weeks later...

What happened to true styling of sports cars? As mentioned before it looks like a Lexus and Miata mashup. All those fake vents can’t help aero either. Most of the chassis and certainly the engine are directly from BMW.  They can keep this one.