Jump to content

Mike

JNC NEWS: This is the production 2020 Toyota Supra

Recommended Posts

I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw it...

1,000,000 x nope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now this is what the new Z should have looked like...  Frankly, I like it.  Long nose, proper hatch, quarter windows, and the front looks like a G-nose design...

Toyota-Supra-A90-debut-Detroit-Auto-Show-04.jpg

Toyota-Supra-A90-debut-Detroit-Auto-Show-08.jpg

Toyota-Supra-A90-debut-Detroit-Auto-Show-07.jpg

Toyota-Supra-A90-debut-Detroit-Auto-Show-05.jpg

Toyota-Supra-A90-debut-Detroit-Auto-Show-01.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't disagree more. Looks like a hacked up Miata designed by a French and Italian committee with a Greek budget.....

...to each his own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, wheee! said:

Couldn't disagree more. Looks like a hacked up Miata designed by a French and Italian committee with a Greek budget.....

...to each his own.

Agreed, it could use some design changes to closely match the original Z, especially on the front end.   However, I think Toyota did catch some of the design queues from the original Supra, which I think looks a lot like the original Z.  It's interesting to see how these two different Japanese companies are moving forward.

That said, not sure I would pay $50k for a base model..

Toyota-Supra-A90-2000GT-silhouette.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Agreed, it could use some design changes to closely match the original Z, especially on the front end.   However, I think Toyota did catch some of the design queues from the original Supra, which I think looks a lot like the original Z.  It's interesting to see how these two different Japanese companies are moving forward.

The original Supra? I don't see it. 😉

 

1979_toyota_supra-pic.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the body is wayyyy too busy, looks like they smashed various Lexus front end parts on a poorly conceived body. The rear end is so chopped up, it looks like they could not decide on a single flowing line so they just added more..... so disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like Toyota took their busiest design elements and grafted them onto a BMZ Z4 M coupe.  Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it has the engine and trans from a Z4. What else? I think I heard something about the chassis being shared as well. Basically it seems like it's just a Toyota factory modified Z4. It's not special. The previous Supra was special. It might end up being a good car, but IMO it's no Supra. They should have called it something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wheee! said:

I think the body is wayyyy too busy, looks like they smashed various Lexus front end parts on a poorly conceived body. The rear end is so chopped up, it looks like they could not decide on a single flowing line so they just added more..... so disappointing.

Exactly, phoney areo wings and ducts all over it, maybe in a few years when people get tired of this look clean lines will come back into fashion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened to true styling of sports cars? As mentioned before it looks like a Lexus and Miata mashup. All those fake vents can’t help aero either. Most of the chassis and certainly the engine are directly from BMW.  They can keep this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.