IGNORED

77 28Z in Portland only $1650

Terrapin Z

I had a thought a little while ago. As these cars get more and more scarce and the values increase rougher cars become more viable project candidates. This isn't totally analogous but I was speaking to a restoration guy who was doing a 63' stingray. He told me the car came out of a junk yard and when he got it you could stick your arm between the roof and the door frame with the door shut. The owner was going to plow 150k plus into that car.

I agree though. When I see significant rust near the door data plate, that makes me nervous

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

I had a thought a little while ago. As these cars get more and more scarce and the values increase rougher cars become more viable project candidates. This isn't totally analogous but I was speaking to a restoration guy who was doing a 63' stingray. He told me the car came out of a junk yard and when he got it you could stick your arm between the roof and the door frame with the door shut. The owner was going to plow 150k plus into that car.

I agree though. When I see significant rust near the door data plate, that makes me nervous

I have seen many times over where this, and other forum people indicate they are going to restore something like this. 

After an in person inspection, this one might just turn out to be a parts car candidate. It is priced okay for that. (I'm not looking, just sharing the ad)

The seller added a new picture of a "finished dream car" to spark you enthusiasm to buy and build it.  and added the "0" to the 280Z 

14 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Now my link doesn't work and I can't find it.

Serious.  It's not there - https://portland.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=280z&sort=rel

Not found in your search, but the link you originally provided in Post #2 and clicking on the quote from @Terrapin Z, it's still there.

Gee, if there was someone I could trust in Washington County, Oregon to look this Z over...

Crap, I was in Portland last week. Not sure if it was posted then. When I layover somewhere I also look on CL to see if there is anything nearby, I don’t recall seeing it. I did see that freshly painted air cleaner posted and almost jumped on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, wal280z said:

Not found in your search, but the link you originally provided in Post #2 and clicking on the quote from @Terrapin Z, it's still there.

Gee, if there was someone I could trust in Washington County, Oregon to look this Z over...

I see now.  Craigslist has a weird search engine.  Most of them will find a word buried within another word.  Like 280Z is in 280ZX.  CL doesn't do that.  It finds 280ZX though.

@Mark Maras is around here.  But I know you're joking...

• Thanks 1