IGNORED

vintage dashes 280z

Dave WM

I am just not seeing it, will have to pull the dash off and look better, worse case I will install with out, put the tach in and drill my myself. I have dug out all the foam around the opening thru the metal. I did notice you have a lot less foam over the cig lighter than was on mine, at first I was not sure there was metal there at all. it was buried about 1/8"

I looked at the vertical slots on my cig holder (obscured by foam in your pic) and I noticed they seemed clocked at about 11:45 with respect to holes in the metal frame. I think my metal insert hole by the tach maybe just under the open hole away from the tach.

if that is the case I think the best course of action would be to elongate the frame hole horizontally on both holes so as not to stress the foam/metal bond.

Edited by Dave WM

note the clocking CCW if the holes line up with the slots, then that would shift the hole just under the left side of the opening. If I can tweet the fitment of the dash I maybe able to capture both holes (got the bottom one), but I would want to make sure that does not distort the opening around the tach. the bottom screw is located to the far right of the hole (following the slot). I can push the dash over to center it with some force but that would just shift the top hole more under the metal frame.

Not a big deal, a little grinding on the frame should take care of it.

100_1681.JPG

Edited by Dave WM

Siteunseen, I've done a little searching on this forum and hadn't had much luck finding info on LED bulbs, most of the threads pulled were old enough they were too dated.  LED's seem to change daily.  I pulled the website you mentioned and they show bulbs for the dash.  Do you know if these are plug and play or is there anything else you need to do to make these work in a stock wiring harness?  

Thanks!