IGNORED

[2019] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Had a wonderful time visiting with @jfa.series1 for a few hours yesterday. We enjoyed his well stocked and orderly garage while turning wrenches to tune his carbs. 

It was a pleasure to work on a gold medallion car and to work with Z Therapy restored carbs. So clean and mechanically perfect! Thanks for the privilege!

@siteunseen  will be pleased to know that Jim is now a believer in "Equally Shitty"  3 cylinder tuning!!!!

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

The one thing that Jim's car did that I never ever witnessed before is the 1/64" carb piston lift rod trick check for a/f at idle.  It must have been the Z Therapy excellent restoration (no leaky bushings) and the fact that everything in Texas is in great repair and done right!  One of my fav states!

image.png

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Diseazd said:

No idea why it was blown. I would guess no more than 5000 miles.

That was my suspicion on the mileage being low. That's what made it seem odd to me that it needed replacement. Had it been bottomed out at any time?

I don’t recall bottoming out at any time. May be just a bad seal or something. The only way I found out, there was a rattling sound coming from the strut at low speeds. I’ve never blown a strut before, at least not that I knew of......I’ll replace both rears with Konis....don’t think Tokicos are available anywhere.

• Like 1

I'm taking the week off from work, so I started on the fuel injection conversion for the 260Z. I'm taking it slow at first. Today was just getting the carburetors fitted with the fuel injector adapter platesGEDC0705.JPGGEDC0736.JPGGEDC0737.JPGGEDC0738.JPG.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

I'm taking the week off from work, so I started on the fuel injection conversion for the 260Z. I'm taking it slow at first. Today was just getting the carburetors fitted with the fuel injector adapter plates

Best of luck with your FI project Steve!    Watching with much interest....