IGNORED

Vintage Air Gen II mini Install

qz16

Excellent work and road map for everyone interested in a DYI or even paying shop to replicate your work.
Kudos

72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.

Nice work.  I have been planning to install the Gen2Mini for some time now and also plan to keep the Z control panel.  But, I will retain the original levers and simply mount the new control mechanism on brackets that are operated by short connecting rods from the original levers.  I also want to use the Z rotary fan control, but not sure that will work.  If I have to use Vintage Air's rotary fan speed control, I hope I can find a way to mount the original control knob.

Good job...just goes to show there is more than one solution to most problems.

David F- your plan to "retain the original levers and simply mount the new control mechanism on brackets that are operated by short connecting rods from the original levers" will be quite challenging.  I am sure that you will figure out a way to use the original fan control switch which will allow you to retain the look of the original knob.  That will be a nice touch - I'm jealous.

To all that have responded - I appreciate the kind words, "thanks", and "likes" - Thank you.

4 hours ago, qz16 said:

David F- your plan to "retain the original levers and simply mount the new control mechanism on brackets that are operated by short connecting rods from the original levers" will be quite challenging.  I am sure that you will figure out a way to use the original fan control switch which will allow you to retain the look of the original knob.  That will be a nice touch - I'm jealous.

To all that have responded - I appreciate the kind words, "thanks", and "likes" - Thank you.

Qz16:  My plan is not original to me and has been done before, see below:

Edited by David F
added link.

David F - oiluj did a very nice job.  I was not doubting you - it just sounded difficult to me.  I actually thought about doing something similar, but was not able to get it to work reliably.  Oiluj came at it differently and has my respect.

regards,

q