IGNORED

240z cranks but won’t start

Idontknowwhatimdoing

Whatever you end up doing be sure that the front edge of the rotor is pointing at whichever wire you choose to be number 1.  If you understand how the parts work you can make it do what it's supposed to do.  The "star" wheel spins, when the two points align spark happens, whichever wire terminal is closest to the leading edge of the rotor gets the spark.  Set your damper mark at about 10 degrees advanced, and move the distributor wires and distributor body appropriately so that #1 is where you want it to be.

Even if you decide to realign the drive spindle you'll still need to know these things.  Trying to look at all of the pieces separately doesn't work well.

Okay so here's an update for anyone that was curious. The car runs! 

The picture of where the spindle was sitting was when the spindle was aligned with the marks on the oil pump... Weird, but i installed the spindle where it was close to the 11:25 mark and then i moved the spark plug wires (15-36-24) so that the rotor was pointing to NUMBER 1 and it started right up. I will be adjusting the timing and carbs this weekend! Thanks for everyone's help. 

• Like 3