IGNORED

I’d like to do new Panasport wheels

conedodger

3 hours ago, conedodger said:

Leon, the wheels I’m obviously interested in. The problem is I don’t think the tires will fit. As you know, mine is uncut and I’d like to keep it that way...

If you have camber plates and aftermarket air dam, they should work. Otherwise, I agree that they'll likely rub.

Completely understand your dilemma but I'd prefer to keep these as a set. I won't have any use for the tires once the wheels are gone. Feel free to come by if you're ever in the SF area for a test fit if you're still interested.

Wow....Beautiful car....beautiful shot. The S30’s are frickin awesome eh? I wouldn’t cut corners on anything but real Panasports....you’ll live with them forever, why not install “the best”...Made in Japan! IMHO.  The 205 55 16 look great...

1EEE341E-9AC2-4F75-A4D8-89547B2F28CE.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Diseazd said:

Wow....Beautiful car....beautiful shot. The S30’s are frickin awesome eh? I wouldn’t cut corners on anything but real Panasports....you’ll live with them forever, why not install “the best”...Made in Japan! IMHO.  The 205 55 16 look great...

1EEE341E-9AC2-4F75-A4D8-89547B2F28CE.jpeg

☺️ Thank you, she cleans up pretty well. Lots still to be done as ever though, I just shamed myself to finding and uploading the high res version of that photo, looks much better! 

I do love my Z, certainly my most prized procession. Great taste in colour as well I see, I'm getting the impression you have quite the collection including my other favourite, Safari Gold! 

They certainly are great wheels, I'm also quite impartial to Watanabes wheels but can't justify the cost. I also wish the 16x8 fitted with no work as that extra inch really fills out the arch. 

You guys have spurred me into action!  This morning I showed my wife nice pictures of two Datsun Zs.  One had 16x7 Panasport wheels, the other, 16x7 Koenig Rewind wheels.  I didn't mention which was which, or costs.  Right away, she selected the Panasports.  I told her the relative pricing and she just shrugged her shoulders.  Now I need to try to find who currently has the Panasports with the best pricing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just drove over to Classic Datsun Motorsports in Vista, CA to pick up a set of Panasport Z-Light 16x7's.  Les Cannaday ( les@classicdatsun.com ) is great to work with.

IMG_2803.jpgWheels are still wearing the blue shrink wrap.  Les' Panasport distributor said they weigh 17.4 lbs each.

Edited by SoCalJim
added weight info
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SoCalJim said:

I just drove over to Classic Datsun Motorsports in Vista, CA to pick up a set of Panasport Z-Light 16x7's.  Les Cannaday ( les@classicdatsun.com ) is great to work with.

IMG_2803.jpgWheels are still wearing the blue shrink wrap.  Les' Panasport distributor said they weigh 17.4 lbs each.

We demand pics when they are installed..  ?

How much damage to the checkbook did Les do to ya? (aka - how much did they cost)