IGNORED

Field-Find 3 Datsun 240Zs

jdking

12 hours ago, EVILC said:

The two 70 cars still have matching engines? Steering wheels, radios, center consoles? 

These are just way too far gone for resto, they need every panel. 

They are complete with original drive trains. The '72 has a dual webber setup.

Let me know if you want specific photos.

Thanks

JD

14 hours ago, EVILC said:

$100k? 

I don't see it. It would take $50-$75k to restore any of those cars to a $45k car. Are they valuable as part cars, yes if some of the early items are there and items like matching key set. Tracking parts down today will cost much more than 10 years ago due to the higher value on Z cars. But that higher value isn't bringing rusty vin tags to the price of running cars. If the shells were not as rough and way more complete,  I would say they were worth  $5k each imho.

What would you ask for the pair of new fenders? I am in NJ also.  

We have already seen some unique Z's sell in the six figure range and some early cars that are really well done trading for north of 50k - 60k. 10 years ago that would have been unheard of. Look at Porsche 911's they are going up like mad. Now that the Z is receiving so much publicity it is highly likely that these cars will continue to appreciate at double digits rates. If classic Z's appreciate at 10% per year the prices will double every 7 years...

Hagerty has a1970  #1 class car valued @ $64,400 and a #2 @ $38,700

On another note it wouldn't cost me $50-75 to do one of these cars. I could probably do it for half of that, but my personal shop time is free, sort of...

People want photos.  Take a picture of the engine, and make sure you get the serial number stamped in to the flat spot below the #6 spark plug.  Get pictures of the bottom of the car.  Get pictures of the other sides of the cars that don't show both sides.  Get better pictures of the insides.

These cars are interesting but full of work.  They won't sell themselves.

3 hours ago, jdking said:

They are complete with original drive trains. The '72 has a dual webber setup.

Let me know if you want specific photos.

Thanks

JD

By the way, the guys that are voicing their opinions about value aren't going to buy the car. 

21 hours ago, EVILC said:

100% agree that our market isn't where yours is. I believe the export market for us is where the highest  $ for car can be seen. I think we agree that lots of cars we see on B.A.T. are not "restored" correctly and that term is so loosely used. I believe true gems, survivors and OEM restored cars will and should set the standard on value over time.... $60k+ and yes more with time. But a low vin car restored with all repop parts to me can't be placed in the same value. I see the values struggle because the core group of owners can't spend money on their Z car as if it was a Hemi powered muscle car. Lots of guys like to enjoy and drive them. Mod them as they go. Having both sides of the coin is great for the interest of the car. 

Hope the seller gets as much as he can and these cars live on through resto or part donors to another car.

Someone needs something....

Hey Clive how have you been? Haven’t seen you post here or on hybrid in a long time. 

• 10 months later...