IGNORED

WTB: Good 280Z within a day's drive of Southern California

SoCalJim

Very nice. I have those same wheels on mine. Western Cyclone.

And I'm partial to the color as well. If I had more money and time, I would strip mine and repaint in a dark 77 green.  On yours though, I'm thinking it's not original paint? Looks a little lighter and the finish texture looks wrong. Also I can't come up with any reason to pull the vent insignia disks other than to paint the car. Any idea?

That sounds right for the wheels.  The attached picture provides a closer look.

The interior will need some work.  The dash will need a full cover, the driver’s seat will need new foam and a recover, and the carpeting is pretty hard alongside the transmission tunnel.  The sun visors are puffy.  And, there’s  no radio...just a big hole.  The door panels aren’t terrible, but they’re not great.  Still, it’s all things I feel that I can address and look forward to making it nice in the cabin.

My wife sat in Z today and proudly proclaimed that she could drive It.  Uh oh!  

8AB3DB27-F8D9-44B5-AC48-62F36E1F20B9.jpeg

The Z does run and I drove it for a few miles.  It’s a bit loud in the rear end, so I’ll have some work to do there.

Edited by SoCalJim

I saw the one original Western cap in the photo, but I could only identify one of the four. The other three look either different or are too blurry to make out. I bought a cheap aftermarket set of caps off ebay. They look good, but of course I'd rather have originals.

So congrats on the purchase. Very very clean for a car that has been sitting since 2002!

Out of curiosity... What's under the cover in the other bay?  :)