IGNORED

Custom Interior

'71 zcar

Getting a little farther along, getting sizes mocked up. Heal plate and foot board will ALU dimpled died and a shorter plate behind the heal plate for the carpet mat to sit on and be flush. Tunnel and rocker will be blended into the foot plate to seal up the area.

20180417_213510.jpg

20180417_213527.jpg

20180417_213538.jpg

20180417_213551.jpg

It's actually only about an 1.5" away from the bottom edge. I'm going to push it back about .5" more, the top will be about 1" away from the wall, need to have some angle on it. With the seat all the way back it's about 43" to the seat back, I think there is some room to spare. I'm 6'2" and can still straighten my legs out.

• 4 months later...

The Singer is what everything is being styled around, I've been reproducing parts for Porsches for a long time and thought it was time the Datsun got some love.

I haven't been working on it for awhile, had to sell off a bunch of stuff to make more room and it's been too hot in the garage to do clay work. I'm doing the metal work on the seats next to get them to the trimmer. The weather is starting to cool off here so I will be getting back to the clay work.

I'm going to try and make the molds more production like to get multiple parts out of them. But some parts like the wheel housing in back I'll probably just wax back and lay up the part on the car since they get wrapped and A side doesn't matter. But we'll see how things progress.

If Singer did a Z car I would consider robbing a bank just to own one. ? They are the best 911's I've seen. Light weight too!

The 911 aftermarket  is fantastic. 240Z values have to get near 911's though for some of that stuff.

Local built Singer clone attached. Notice everything drilled out.

DSCN0404.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...