IGNORED

Triple carb airboxes/heat shields

moelk

2 hours ago, madkaw said:

I did not notice a disparity between my cylinders because of my non tapered box. I think the capacity was enough not to choke air volume to any cylinder . 

I'd also question how much dyno R+D was done on the tapered box...... bet it was equal to not much at all. 

• Like 1

I had the FG version for several years and put the ITG foam filter back on after Dave Rebello told me he had recently dyno'd two identical engines build for the same guy and the one with the foam filter had more HP. Dave was surprised by the results.

As to the questioning of how much R&D went into it I suggest you contact them and ask. A quick look at say air ducting for an office building and you see how the duct size decreases the further away the outlet is from the source of the inlet air. Of course there are reference charts and modeling one can do.

And there are people who buy a V12 with carbs just to hear all the intakes open....

I plan for on having a few dyno runs this spring/summer. I’ll circle back around once completed. Dave completed my build end of last year at 318 HP. It will be interesting to compare his dyno with a couple runs with horns and then through the airbox. The air box did choke it down some when I installed it. I did have yo open my air mix screws to regain my AFR setting at idle. I dig in s little deeper this summer with my settings

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 1