IGNORED

saturday night music thread

sweatybetty

How are you guys running your wires through your amp from your PC/laptop? I finally bought a 12' HDMI cord from my flat screen to my laptop and it really blasts out now. I was running a RCA spliced into a headphone plug. That works okay but the HDMI is a big help. 

Goodnight to you all but not my neighbors. ROFL 

On 10/21/2022 at 8:08 PM, siteunseen said:

How are you guys running your wires through your amp from your PC/laptop?

All my CD's have been ripped and I use Logitech Media Server (Open source and it's free) on my PC with Raspberry Pi 3b+ receivers (PiCorePlayer software that's free) connected to the stereo. Music is streamed over wifi, bit perfect, to the Pi and decoded using a hifiberry HAT DAC on the Pi 3b+. With a single server I can have any number of receivers either synced or playing separate streams simultaneously.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

8 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

All my CD's have been ripped and I use Logitech Media Server (Open source and it's free) on my PC with Raspberry Pi 3b+ receivers (PiCorePlayer software that's free) connected to the stereo. Music is streamed over wifi, bit perfect, to the Pi and decoded using a hifiberry HAT DAC on the Pi 3b+. With a single server I can have any number of receivers either synced or playing separate streams simultaneously.

That was so Greek to me! 🤣

• Haha 2

On 10/21/2022 at 7:08 PM, siteunseen said:

How are you guys running your wires through your amp from your PC/laptop? I finally bought a 12' HDMI cord from my flat screen to my laptop and it really blasts out now. I was running a RCA spliced into a headphone plug. That works okay but the HDMI is a big help. 

Goodnight to you all but not my neighbors. ROFL 

I have ripped most of my CDs, and digitized several of my vinyl albums (I have a couple hundred), and keep a couple of backups.

About 7,500 songs so far.

I then put everything in iTunes on one of my laptops, then mirrored on (first, many years ago) an iPod 80 gig classic. Later I picked up an iPod 6, and copied everything to it.

When I finally broke down and gave up my flip phone, it was an iPhone 6 (a little over two years ago, the last iPhone to have an earphone jack). Again, another copy of my iTunes library.

I got an iPad last August for my birthday, so yet another duplicate of my music.

The 80 gig iPod classic is docked in a 24 bit converter that is connected to my stereo system.

The iPod 6 is currently in Eddie, connected via USB to the Alpine stereo. I sometimes take it out to the shop and connect it via USB to the Harman Kardon stereo I have out there.

The iPhone 6 gets connected via USB to the stereo in Mrs. Racer’s Toyota Corolla, and the Alpine (also USB) in my Subaru Legacy goon.

If I want to use it in the Ram I need to use the headphone jack and use a cassette adapter (poor option). The Ram stereo is an odd size, with  few options for aftermarket upgrades, and in 2001 when it was new OEM stereo didn’t support addons. 

I also have an XM radio, with a lifetime subscription. I have a cradle in the Ram, the Legacy, Eddie, in the house on my stereo system, and in the shop connected to the Harman Kardon.

So, when I’m not tuned in to racing (four TVs in the house, two in the shop), that os what I have going.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...