IGNORED

510 Su's

Patcon

The drain plug is M8 x1.0.  Banjo fittings are out there.

Maybe just stuff a clear hose with 5/16 OD in the drain plug hole..  Or stick a Q-tip stick in the vent fitting and measure how far down the top of the float is. Of course you'd have to figure out the distance from the top of the float to the fuel level, the height of the vent tube to the "0" point on the body and do a bit of cipherin'  A bit high tech I know...  Just saying

Edited by zKars

• 1 month later...

For reference these are the stock floats

20180407_154650.jpg20180407_154652.jpg20180407_154653.jpg

Pretty much every vertical line on the float was a small crack. So they fill up with fuel.

Here is the replacement from Z therapy

20180414_130348.jpg

Pretty much the same price as Courtesy Nissan so I would encourage supporting the little guy who is so good to our community!

• Like 1

I have to get a pair of those too! A fella in town here had the same problem. Same cracks.

Craziest thing I've ever seen. Float full of fuel, shake rattle and roll and can't get a drop to come back out.

Edited by zKars

3 minutes ago, zKars said:

I have to get a pair of those too! A fella in town here had the same problem. Same cracks.

Craziest thing I've ever seen. Float full of fuel, shake rattle and roll and can't get a drop to come back out.

I heated them with a heat gun and they would shoot out a fine line of fuel, like a syringe. Heat and pee, heat and pee. I got one emptied out that way. I thought about soldering them up, but when I found the others were available, it was a no brainer. The new floats are solid and will never sink...

Funky! I'm sure the old-time carb guys would recognize that in an instant, but that's the first time I've ever seen something like that. Makes me wonder what was going on and caused that phenomenon.

It's so even that it almost seems a relic of the original construction method. Stress risers caused by the ring rolling process to form it into a cylinder? Gear driven, and the pitch of the gears has something to do with the distance between the cracks?

Hermetically sealed container that has been flexing and changing shape with many years of temperature changes and finally gave out?

Some sort of corrosion phenomenon?

Funky!