IGNORED

Flow Rate and P/N Of Original Factory Injectors

Captain Obvious

Thanks again guys.

I haven't looked my injectors over for numbers. I kinda wrote them off as aftermarket and haven't checked. I'll do that and let you know what I find.

ZH, that's what I mean about the spiderwebbing out in many different directions. Many of the numbers come back to credible sources, but you can usually triangulate back to something with confidence. But in this case the web is so wide and interconnected that my confidence is low.

So I took a look at my PO installed aftermarket injectors and couldn't find any part numbers on them. The only markings I could find was "RAM". I took a look on-line for that, and unsurprisingly, the only thing I could turn up was Dodge Ram injectors.

Anyone know anything about these? Heard of that manufacturer?

I can say that I've seen the "RAM" injectors before.  They were part of a mixed set on a used engine that I bought.  I think that they're aftermarket, not one of the big OEM's.  Pretty sure that mine were black though.  I threw them away, they were in really bad shape.

Zed Head, Yeah, I turned up that ebay link when I went searching, but I found it on ebay US instead of ebay Ireland. Same item number, but a slightly different listing.

Item number 171746383140 and here's the listing I found previously on ebay US:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6x-RAM-Fuel-Injector-For-485cc-NISSAN-Skyline-RB30E-280ZX-300ZX-Z31-High-Flow/171746383140?hash=item27fce1d524:g:UTgAAOSweGxZc4v7&vxp=mtr

When you look at it on ebay US, there is a sentence in the item description that reads:

1/84-9/89 Nissan 300ZX Z31 3.0L VG30E. 9/85-12/90 Nissan Skyline R31 3.0L RB30E. NEWRAM PERFORMANCE FUEL INJECTOR -PIG TAIL. up to 8/85 Nissan Skyline R30 2.4L L24E. 10/78-5/84 Nissan 280ZX S130 2.8L L28E.

That sentence is not included in the Ireland listing. Interesting to me because of the mention of "Newram", possibly as a manufacturer's name? But I unfortunately turned up a dead end on "NEWRAM" as well. Google just found lots and lots of "NEW RAM" injectors for my Dodge.

My impression has been that it's just an old out-of-business aftermarket supplier, or maybe even the supplier to a supplier.  You might have more luck just looking at injector images, but I'll bet that at some time in the past, pre-internet society, when you went to Autozone or Oreilly or one of the others and bought Brand X injectors, you got those injectors and the "RAM" is just an artifact, unconnected to the brand name of the supplier. 

Random Access Molding maybe, did the injection molding for the plastic portion.

• 1 year later...
I came across this thread whilst searching for some injector information.
I thought I'd share a Bosch Injector information sheet which lists flow rates etc. It would be keen to know which injectors could be interchanged with our old 280Z injectors. 
0280150.pdf

I used the 11mm o-ring style injectors from a Toyota Cressida in my Pallnet Rail. 300cc flow.

6 hours ago, ZeeSpeed said:

I came across this thread whilst searching for some injector information.

I thought I'd share a Bosch Injector information sheet which lists flow rates etc. It would be keen to know which injectors could be interchanged with our old 280Z injectors. 

0280150.pdf

I have seen this document before. Page nine has the most compatable injectors for our 280Z. The 116, 117 and 118 will bolt in.

105 is a comon replacement for a lot of the 11*  numbers

116 are from the Alfa spider 2.0l and US beatle with AJ motor etc. 190cc/min @3.0bar 2.4ohm

117 In the bosch catalog replaced the 116. Why I don't know. It was then replaced by the 105...

118 are for Jaguar (p/n:ULC2691) 190cc/min @3.0bar 2.4ohm

119 are for Porche (p/n: 92360610900)  200cc/min @3.0bar 2.4ohm. It also fits a lot of Alfa Romeos, Land Rovers, Range Rovers, Opel Commadores, Kadets, Mantas etc the list goes on. Replaced by the 105.

You can find a lot of this information on the Bosch site in their catalog.

http://www.bosch-automotive-catalog.com/en_GB/product-detail/-/product/0280150119

If you google any of those numbers you will find NOS stock. That is how I came across a set of bosch 116 injectors.