Homemade Fuel Rail - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Homemade Fuel Rail

Featured Replies

IMG_0186.JPGI wanted to purchase a fuel rail from Palnet but was unable to get in touch with him.  I went ahead and started building up my own, I am very happy with the results.  The motor in this car was a bit of a rats nest to start with but has come a long way.  Here is a  before and after.  IMG_2087.JPG

Definitely looks cleaner . Now go aftermarket ECU and get rid of more stuff - like dizzy and wires !

I built my own for less than $50. Got the rail from Ross machine on ebay. Had the taps and drill press. Got he measurements from willyoby on the forum. Works great and looks good too. I'll post some pics in the morning when I'm at my laptop. 

Your's looks great! You'll be surprised at how cool it feels when running. No more hot restart problems. 

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Looks great. But as far looking cleaner on your after picture, methinks you cheated a little. You also removed all the EGR components, removed the A/C kick-up FICD, and fixed your half 77 half 78 crankcase venting tubing and AAR lines. Can't quite tell in the pic, but maybe you also removed the cold start valve?   LOL  Yes... The "after" pic is cleaner.

Seriously though, I'm thinking I may do the fuel rail thing too.

Site, Have you got the link to your fuel rail thread? I just don't feel like searching for it, and you probably have it in front of you.

 

5 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Looks great. But as far looking cleaner on your after picture, methinks you cheated a little. You also removed all the EGR components, removed the A/C kick-up FICD, and fixed your half 77 half 78 crankcase venting tubing and AAR lines. Can't quite tell in the pic, but maybe you also removed the cold start valve?   LOL  Yes... The "after" pic is cleaner.

Seriously though, I'm thinking I may do the fuel rail thing too.

Site, Have you got the link to your fuel rail thread? I just don't feel like searching for it, and you probably have it in front of you.

 

WilloughbyZ supplied perfect measurements, about 3/4s down on the 1st page.  I sandblasted mine for a nice satin finish.

  • Author
2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Looks great. But as far looking cleaner on your after picture, methinks you cheated a little. You also removed all the EGR components, removed the A/C kick-up FICD, and fixed your half 77 half 78 crankcase venting tubing and AAR lines. Can't quite tell in the pic, but maybe you also removed the cold start valve?   LOL  Yes... The "after" pic is cleaner.

Seriously though, I'm thinking I may do the fuel rail thing too.

Site, Have you got the link to your fuel rail thread? I just don't feel like searching for it, and you probably have it in front of you.

 

Yes, this was one of my last changes I made after the clean up and simplification of the engine compartment.  I used a piece of aluminum stock for my rail that has a channel in it for bolts.  This simplified things when it came to making my support brackets And lining things up, no need to drill the rail for the brackets.  

IMG_2418.JPG

  • Author

While it's overkill I used the AN fittings for my fuel lines, just liked the look.  

IMG_2422.JPG

IMG_2423.JPG

IMG_2424.JPG

Start selling these bad boys!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.