IGNORED

I have Fairlady S30-01036...need some advice

carnutatthebeach

20 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

So what was the "low VIN club guys" comment all about then?

Doesn't really matter.

Edit - since I apologized for it in Post #33.  Posts 31-35 are a good example of getting back on track, like good civil discussions do.

Edited by Zed Head

Beautiful place. Love the live oak and the slide. The water has to rise a lot to get over the wall much less to add 7' of water to the yard!!! I don't know that you noticed but I live in the upstate. I had a few friends that got hammered the last time we had all the flooding in the low country.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Doesn't really matter.

Edit - since I apologized for it in Post #33.  Posts 31-35 are a good example of getting back on track, like good civil discussions do.

You know Zed Head, you swung the first purse. It was a civil discussion until you thought you "saw a fin in the water" and started dropping insults. Spin it how you want, but you started it, like usual. You really ought to apologize directly to HS30-H. And to carnutatthebeach for ruining his thread. And to the whole forum for collectively casting us in bad light. Your crap is why I quit coming here for so long. I see nothing has changed. 

• Like 1

Once again, I wasn't trying to start WWIII. My initial response about "not worthy" was in response to an earlier post that "my car nor I met their membership requirements". Seems like every club has "those guys". Again, I greatly appreciate all the constructive criticism. I admittedly am not well versed on early Japanese versions of the Z, hence coming here. I haven't gotten back to every reply because we're just returning from a two week vacation with the kids. I'll try to snap more pics this week.

6 minutes ago, carnutatthebeach said:

Once again, I wasn't trying to start WWIII. My initial response about "not worthy" was in response to an earlier post that "my car nor I met their membership requirements". Seems like every club has "those guys". Again, I greatly appreciate all the constructive criticism. I admittedly am not well versed on early Japanese versions of the Z, hence coming here. I haven't gotten back to every reply because we're just returning from a two week vacation with the kids. I'll try to snap more pics this week.

You didn't start anything. ZED HEAD fabricated the "not worthy" statement, no one else. Yes - he is one of "those guys" - looking for arguments, quick to insult and paranoid. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Consigli said:

You know Zed Head, you swung the first purse. It was a civil discussion until you thought you "saw a fin in the water" and started dropping insults. Spin it how you want, but you started it, like usual. You really ought to apologize directly to HS30-H. And to carnutatthebeach for ruining his thread. And to the whole forum for collectively casting us in bad light. Your crap is why I quit coming here for so long. I see nothing has changed. 

I did apologize, just not directly.  It wasn't aimed directly at HS30, although he might have been the catalyst.  It was aimed at the guys who try to protect the low 240Z image by denegrating other people's efforts, and lack of knowledge  It was an "if the shoe fits" comment.  Beside that, in civil discourse, the general apology right afterward I offered is enough.  Issue closed.  We could all ignore recent discussion and dig up old posts to get indignant about.  I don't owe HS30 anything at all.  He chose to ignore the correction and grab on to something that he could use to be indignant, as is his tendency.

I will apologize to carnut though.  But, with a condition - I was trying to stop the denigration I anticipated (the fin in the water) before it got too far.  Read posts 20 and 21 and you can see it starting, in typical fashion.  What justifies the superior tone?  Everything was fine util then, I even asked a question to try to clear up a  potential misunderstanding.  It was ignored.

I know that you guys like him, but you can't justify everything he writes.

7 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

You got the wrong guy.  I did not write "not worthy".  

You know what you wrote. You know what you inferred. Quit playing word games. Quit looking for shark fins where none exist. 

"Your car (and you) don't meet their membership requirements." - Zed Head

Edited by Consigli
spelling

50 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Close. 

So, carnut, I'll leave this thread alone now.  Good luck with the rebuild, whichever way it goes.  

Zed Head we don't want you to go away. We want you to be a team player and a positive contributor.

Just write a little direct apology to HS30-H and the "low vin" members who you insulted. Write it here. After all, you did insult them.  And they had done nothing to you. So its not their fault they got offended. All the "low vin" guys did was take the time to provide carnutatthebeach with factual, direct and thorough information about his car. It would of taken carnutatthebeach weeks or months to find this info out on his own. They did this new member a real solid and demonstrated what the spirit of this web site should be. And, without provocation, you insulted them for it. 

So show the new member we are not a bunch of gesticulating hooting monkeys flinging poo at each other. Show him that you can rise above the butt hurt and be the bigger man. Apologize to HS30-H. I don't even know the guy but I am sure he will graciously accept your apology. Get this done so we can move forward, come back and lets get this very informative and interesting thread back on subject. 

• Like 2