IGNORED

Power to injectors

DC871F

15 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Those FJ3's look like a good deal.

The cheapy BWD's are still available at OReilly.  

There are a variety of Bosch injectors that will work also, with hose length modifications.  The Bosch EFI system was licensed by a bunch of manufacturers.  They all the same basic injector.

Edit - that picture reminds me that hose clamps can be expensive also.  And you'll need new seals and maybe insulators.  Nickels and dimes.

BWD i.PNG

Seals are cheap. Hard to believe, but all insulators are nice and not cracked.

GB Manufacturing injectors on RockAuto are $24.79 each. My clamps are in good shape.

On 4/20/2017 at 9:30 PM, rcb280z said:

You really should replace the seals as well. If they aren't very flexible and on the soft side then you know what to do. 

Its just a good idea period.

Yes I plan do the seals as well. Also new injector plugs, the old ones if you look at them wrong they start crumbling.

Results when I get them.

^ For seals. Go to Rock Auto. Buy 1 ( one SK-4 kit ) Dirt cheap and the  RA info is wrong. Says 1 pkg contains 2 seals. 1 small tip seal and 1 large body seal. But the SK-4 package actually contains a full set of 12 seals. 6 small tip seals and 6 large body seals. 

On 4/28/2017 at 7:04 AM, Chickenman said:

^ For seals. Go to Rock Auto. Buy 1 ( one SK-4 kit ) Dirt cheap and the  RA info is wrong. Says 1 pkg contains 2 seals. 1 small tip seal and 1 large body seal. But the SK-4 package actually contains a full set of 12 seals. 6 small tip seals and 6 large body seals. 

Damn, already got set of 6 from ORielly for $24........

I saw those on RockAuto, but figured I would just go locally with no shipping cost.

Injectors going on today, results in near future.

I'm replacing the fuel rail. Did the Q-tip test as ZH suggested, RUST! So I actually had a fuel rail in storage from years ago, nice and clean.

Success! Thanks for all the help. If you were here in the shop there would be cold beer.

Purrs like a 280ZX is supposed to. Lots of smoke from the tail pipe which cleared, a couple knocks on the top end which went away, I guess we will see if that manifests into something detrimental once on the road.

Now onto the coolant leaks.

No oil leaks, no fuel leaks. Good oil pressure, charging system working.

20170430_150504.jpg

20170430_150532.jpg

20170430_150241.jpg

Edited by DC871F

Now a slight miss at idle. I really dont want to entertain debris in an injector.

A couple electrical connectors on the engine are way beyond usable (crumbly) but seem holding on while I test run engine, ignition module, etc. I rev engine to about 3K RPM and it seems smooth, but really wont know much until I get brakes finished and can do a road test.

Maybe a vacuum leak.