IGNORED

Test report of "HLS30Q (Z Europe model) countermeasures High speed stability "

kats

2 hours ago, HS30-H said:

Mário,

As I've mentioned to you before, I don't understand why you keep referring to your Portuguese market car as an 'HLS30U' model.

Have you got any evidence to back up the use of that 'U' suffix on the variant code?

Alan what should a Portuguese market S30Z suffix be?

8 hours ago, Datsunbat said:

Yes, is written on the tittle and always is refered as "U"...even old people the used to work with these cars say it! 

And yet I've never seen it on any official Nissan documentation with regard to the Portuguese market cars. 

Personally speaking, I don't usually trust titles/registration documentation for the Export cars. They are - by their nature - local bureaucracy and subject to all sorts of personal failings. My 1970 Fairlady Z-L was registered here in the UK as a 'Fairlady Turbo' simply because the person at the government agency who issued its documentation chose the wrong model from their list. Wrong, but 'official' and now set in stone.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gav240z said:

Alan what should a Portuguese market S30Z suffix be?

I don't know. I would guess - as per thread title - that it was 'HLS30Q', plus - it seems likely - an extra letter identifier for the Portuguese sub-variant, because they were unique in certain details. Maybe something like 'HLS30QU' or 'HLS30QE' (for the well-regarded 'Entreposto') would have worked.

'HLS30U' just doesn't make sense as an identifier for the Portuguese market variants. Nissan tended not to share 'Katashiki' codes across variants that were quite different, and - as we know - 'HLS30U' was the base code for the North American market models, with extra suffixes for further sub-variants. Why would Nissan risk confusing matters by also using 'HLS30U' for the Portuguese market cars?

I've often asked for evidence of factory codes from glovebox bases on Portuguese market cars, which might give useful clues, but nothing forthcoming so far. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Datsunbat said:

Awesome! This car still exists and is was red when new!!!

It's vin is HLS30-092212 and is a 72. Until now he had 12 owners ans the last one until the moment is from 1998, and the engine number is L24-116221...so cool to see old photos!!! ahahah...

Here we had many parts, but now all has to be bought online from Japan or USA, because Nissan Ibérica is not dealing right with old cars, unfortunately!

It is nice that you know the car! Do you have any photos of it now?

Hi Mário , thank you so much for joining here ! One day I will visit Portugal to see your beautiful car! 
Alan explains perfectly,  “ U “ means USA and Canada and some .And first of all, the test report had indicated “ HLS30Q (Europe version) “ as a title , so it is very clear about your car is HLS30Q . 

Here is a good example for it . 

Kats

FFE1AC13-375C-41D2-9220-3C683AE41EB5.jpeg

11D74998-6C87-4398-AE47-8DB607C61BDD.jpeg

Edited by kats
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, HS30-H said:

I don't know. I would guess - as per thread title - that it was 'HLS30Q', plus - it seems likely - an extra letter identifier for the Portuguese sub-variant, because they were unique in certain details. Maybe something like 'HLS30QU' or 'HLS30QE' (for the well-regarded 'Entreposto') would have worked.

'HLS30U' just doesn't make sense as an identifier for the Portuguese market variants. Nissan tended not to share 'Katashiki' codes across variants that were quite different, and - as we know - 'HLS30U' was the base code for the North American market models, with extra suffixes for further sub-variants. Why would Nissan risk confusing matters by also using 'HLS30U' for the Portuguese market cars?

I've often asked for evidence of factory codes from glovebox bases on Portuguese market cars, which might give useful clues, but nothing forthcoming so far. 

I have some photos on my glovebox and it's written with 3 letters and 2 numbers...I'm actually searching for the photos! 

But I'll upload the title with the suffix "U"...but you're right...they're "Q"...now I remember of something I have that was shared by someone that was connected to Entreposto...I'll upload right away!!!

10 hours ago, 240260280 said:

It is nice that you know the car! Do you have any photos of it now?

Yes, I have! I'll have to find them...but it will be easy...I've all organized!!! Just have to look at my discs.

8 hours ago, kats said:

Hi Mário , thank you so much for joining here ! One day I will visit Portugal to see your beautiful car! 
Alan explains perfectly,  “ U “ means USA and Canada and some .And first of all, the test report had indicated “ HLS30Q (Europe version) “ as a title , so it is very clear about your car is HLS30Q . 

Here is a good example for it . 

Kats

Thanks. I guess we've talked on another forum about this case and letters! But you're right...they're "Q" but the title says "U"...I'll upload the clues...even under the glovebox...just trying to find the photos...10 minutes...ok!

I've here a nice document!

Regards

Mário

• Like 1

Here I let you a document that proves that you're right...even the 260's are "Q".

This document is related to imports to Portugal...as you can state, 71 has 70 z's imported, 72 - 25 Z's and 73-44 Z's...

But a small and little detail, the 70 Z's from 1971, only 40 were sold in this year, the other 30 left were sold during 72...

Mine is from March (1971) and was registered on the 27th August.

I'll send you now the title...10 minutes...

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Datsunbat
  • Like 3

I've to search for the under glovebox photos...I can't locate the photos...perhaps I've got them on another disc...but I promise that tomorrow I'll post the photos!!!

12 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

Are you related to @kats   Brilliant Data!  Thanks for posting!!!!

ahahah...no...too far from Japan!!!

• Like 2

On 2/29/2020 at 8:30 AM, Datsunbat said:

Here is my title registration...some fields are scratched on purpose...

You can see the suffix "U" when related to Model...but the vin is HLS30-xxxxx without the suffix...

Now, I'll search for the glovebox photos...10 minutes again...ahahaha

IMG_20200228_232118.jpg

Thank you so much, I see “ U” in the Modelo , 

that is  a kind of rare thing. The officer made a mistake about stamping U instead of Q , or just forgetting  to stamp “ Q “ for it  . 

And I have never seen the import data of Portuguese 240 Z and others , that is fascinating! Your 240Z is HLS30Q , confirmed.

Kats

• Like 1

Until I read the last few posts I had forgotten that my 1970 240z  HLS30-01955  for 46 yrs has the VIN of HLS30U01955

The correct VIN was stamped in the usual 3 places on the car but it was registered with the U inserted in the same place as @Datsunbat.  The car went through 5-6 owners in Ontario and no one noticed, not even the M.O.T.  It was only when I sold the car to guy in California that the transport company noticed it.  They told me it had to be corrected before the car got to the border or it would be held in an impound lot until it was. I had to hire a certified appraiser to come and examine the car and send his documents to MOT before they would issue me new ownership papers.

• Like 2