IGNORED

Old photos of my 1971 Redwing

Redwing

2 hours ago, Redwing said:

Thank you... those were the good Ole days.  I haven't thought about that CB in a zillion years.  I'll have to get back to you on the handle, I'm  a total blank, that was some 40 years ago.  Hahaha...

I missed the CB antenna. It really dates the pictures. That was a big antenna to be on a car. Powerful CB to back it up?

• Like 1

On 3/5/2017 at 2:57 AM, JSM said:

Very cool.  What wheels are those? Those were dealer option? And three of you in a Z!?

i remember riding in the hatch area dad driving and my sister in the front seat!

Not a dealer option.  Hmmm, not sure where you got the 3 in a Z.  It did happen sometimes, bur not often.  I was sure cops would not be impressed!

7 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

I missed the CB antenna. It really dates the pictures. That was a big antenna to be on a car. Powerful CB to back it up?

Just a normal one.  Just looks big on the shorter car.  Hahaha...

1 hour ago, Redwing said:

Not a dealer option.  Hmmm, not sure where you got the 3 in a Z.  It did happen sometimes, bur not often.  I was sure cops would not be impressed!

Oh sorry. I thought I read you, your son and wife went on the trip.

Even at 5 or 6, the edge of the deck rail would kill the back of your legs! I don't ever recall wearing seat belts until the early 80's. 

• Like 1

Just now, JSM said:

Oh sorry. I thought I read you, your son and wife went on the trip.

Even at 5 or 6, the edge of the deck rail would kill the back of your legs! I don't ever recall wearing seat belts until the early 80's. 

Dear JSM...

My oh my, you guys assume that Z cars should only be owned by MEN.  Not so in this case.  I am a 74 you old, waiting by the phone right now for my first great grand child to be born, LADY who has had Z's all my life.  Well 2 that is.  My first, a 1971 240Z-  Redwing took me 259,000 miles.  Did you know that is almost exactly the distance to the Moon?   Yes I drove to N.H., and climbed that mountain, with my son alone.  No one else.  I asked on the CB if I could follow a certain semi thru NYC, he said "sure if you think you can keep up".  When we got thru NYC, with me still tailing him, he said "lady you are a bodacious driver!"  I thanked him saying "I always wanted to be a racecar driver".  His was one of the finest compliments I've ever had, made my day.  Ha!

And, we wore seat belts from the first moment, driving her home after my purchasing her!

Sooo, now you have the straight poop....

Should I sign it Rock'in Grandma Jai ???

Edited by Redwing
forgot
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Redwing said:

Dear JSM...

My oh my, you guys assume that Z cars should only be owned by MEN.  Not so in this case.  I am a 74 you old, waiting by the phone right now for my first great grand child to be born, LADY who has had Z's all my life.  Well 2 that is.  My first, a 1971 240Z-  Redwing took me 259,000 miles.  Did you know that is almost exactly the distance to the Moon?   Yes I drove to N.H., and climbed that mountain, with my son alone.  No one else.  I asked on the CB if I could follow a certain semi thru NYC, he said "sure if you think you can keep up".  When we got thru NYC, with me still tailing him, he said "lady you are a bodacious driver!"  I thanked him saying "I always wanted to be a racecar driver".  His was one of the finest compliments I've ever had, made my day.  Ha!

And, we wore seat belts from the first moment, driving her home after my purchasing her!

Sooo, now you have the straight poop....

Should I sign it Rock'in Grandma Jai ???

Oh that's right!  Sorry I should have recalled the other post. 

You should have your screen name be "ClassicZCarGrandma"

My mom is 74 too. Thanks for the classy correction!

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Maras said:

When the CB antenna was pointed out, I assumed your handle would have been "JayBird".

You know Mark, that was what kids called me when I was young.  I've been thinking about it, and still my "handle" evades me.  Frustrating.  

I do remember it was unique.  

Just now, JSM said:

Oh that's right!  Sorry I should have recalled the other post. 

You should have your screen name be "ClassicZCarGrandma"

My mom is 74 too. Thanks for the classy correction!

No thanks on the name.  I may be mature (I don't use the "O" word), and my body failing some, but darn it I don't feel like a Grandma.  My mind is stuck somewhere in the '70's.  :P   I like it !

• Like 3

• 3 years later...