IGNORED

My Hoarding of Z Parts

JLPurcell

On 2017-03-04 at 1:36 PM, Mark Maras said:

I've never tried that. It's possible that a short case would break the ice. Might be best to find out what he drinks on the first trip and leverage your way in with beer (or whatever) on the second trip. Beware of establishing a precedent. As long as you keep coming back, he's getting free beer. 

I like beer, and people who show up with beer.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2017 at 11:11 AM, CanTechZ said:

No problem, send me your address and I will drop it in the mail.  This is a very small step towards curing my Z hoarding problem.

If you come across one I am looking for is a series 1 unlit defroster switch, working or not, to replace or repair my old switch.  I lost the small spring that goes on the pin that actuates the switch, and that pin is broken. Here is a picture, before I lost the spring.

Defrost Switch disassembled.JPG

I used the guts from an extra 73 I had to fix my 71. The housing is different but the guts are the same. 

A little late chiming in here........

Another thing we hoarders need is racking. I picked up this blue one for $40 off CL. It is 100sf in a 25sf space, worked out pretty good.

Just went out today and added to the hoard. There is a 9/71 at a local yard. I grabbed the doors, scoops (one fiberglass), pedals, sill plate trim, grill, and some smalls. 

I keep a a nice set of spares for my car, and sell the rest to fund the projects and my hoarding diZease . 

Finding the stuff is almost half the fun. The better than half is driving my Z !!!!!!!

IMG_1299.JPG

IMG_1300.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

IMG_1303.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got out to my other garage and took pictures. It's hard to see but there's a Fairlady Z dash, NOS frame rails, NOS quarters, and other NOS metal, early hatches, early steering wheels, E31 heads, a couple turbo engines, 5 speeds, diffs, etc. The black Z was the first car I ever owned and white Z is a 69 Z.

IMAG0767.jpg

IMAG0766.jpg

IMAG0765.jpg

IMAG0764.jpg

IMAG0763.jpg

IMAG0762.jpg

IMAG0761.jpg

IMAG0760.jpg

IMAG0759.jpg

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, wheee! said:

....epic

LOL You should see my basement, garage and big garage. Some other cool parts somewhere in those pics are a 2.0L efi system, boxes of SUs, 2400 valve covers, NOS grill, NOS hatch, boxes of interior vinyl, etc. The plan is to get everything to the big garage at the new house and sort it all.

Chuck