IGNORED

New Fujitsubo Exhaust System to be Released

2 hours ago, Sean Dezart said:

1) there is no difference in ground clearance by inversing the initail flange fitting (between header and line). However, it does subtely oblige people to buy their exhaust line with the headers.

So you're (seriously?) suggesting that the only reason Fujitusubo have inverted the flange for their new EPU system is to make people stump up for the whole system? Did you even read the write-up on why they did it?

For me, you have zero credibility here. Zero. You're just doing the same stuff you always do. 

And looking at your spelling, are you drunk, ill, or both?

2 hours ago, Sean Dezart said:

3) And very tongue in cheek - when wishing to sell to Zs with R200s (eg 280Zs ?à, would it be a good idea to lengthen the outlet pipes (or at least offer sais as an export option with lowered exit pipes for the muffler to sit higher) to pass beyond the Federal safety rear bumper ?

Again, you're way off track. Fujitsubo have made their new EPU system for Japanese customers who have later production (S31 'Kouki') cars which may or may not have been retrofitted with R200 diffs. It's all in the write-ups.

You *presume* (wrongly, as usual...) that they are somehow addressing Export 280Z models. They are not. This is Straw Man stuff from you again. You put up a false narrative and then knock it down.

Time after time after time, you put words in their mouth. I know why.

17 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

So you're (seriously?) suggesting that the only reason Fujitusubo have inverted the flange for their new EPU system is to make people stump up for the whole system? Did you even read the write-up on why they did it?

For me, you have zero credibility here. Zero. You're just doing the same stuff you always do. 

And looking at your spelling, are you drunk, ill, or both?

I'm not looking for any credibility here - just asking a couple of questions, which nobody, least of all you, have answered - so why did they invert their flange - I see no ground-clearance advantage from the photos and I don't read Japanese !

Oh gosh, in my haste to reply, did I mispell whilst using an Azerty keyboard, I prostrate myself for my sin. A little 'petite' and not at all classy on your part Alan....'scraping the barrel' rather.

12 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

Again, you're way off track. Fujitsubo have made their new EPU system for Japanese customers who have later production (S31 'Kouki') cars which may or may not have been retrofitted with R200 diffs. It's all in the write-ups.

You *presume* (wrongly, as usual...) that they are somehow addressing Export 280Z models. They are not. This is Straw Man stuff from you again. You put up a false narrative and then knock it down.

Time after time after time, you put words in their mouth. I know why.

Again, no-one has translated the write-ups so unless the questions are asked, only you would know and this is the first time you've mentioned the S31s despite plenty of conjectures over R180 vs R200 fitting.

I'm not putting words into anyones' mouths - people here are independant indivuduals with their own, autonomous thoughts....to even suggest otherwise is an insult to 'them', like they're some kind of lost flock and I'm the Pied Piper - it's comic.

1 hour ago, Jason240z said:

I accept it on on the data they produce.

calling it a 'line' makes no sense.  

If one seperates the headers from the 'X' what do you call the 'X' to differentiate ir from the entire system of headers and 'X' ? A 'set', a 'system', 'pipework' ?

For Alan, this is what is listed on RHDJapans (Jason quoted their price listing as a reference) : https://www.rhdjapan.com/fujitsubo-exh-performance-unit-epu-legalis-total-exhaust-system-fairlady-z-s30-gs30-hs30-2-seater.html

Compatibility is from maker for JDM cars only. We don't guarantee fitment. Always do your own research before purchase.

Nissan Fairlady Z GS30 L20 (10/1971-08/1975)
Nissan Fairlady Z HS30 L24 (10/1971-01/1974)
Nissan Fairlady Z S30 L20 (10/1971-08/1975)

I see no mention of the later S31 models !

I don't see the inverted first flange either but that's probably RHDJpn being lazy and using a previous, library photo

7 hours ago, Sean Dezart said:

If one seperates the headers from the 'X' what do you call the 'X' to differentiate ir from the entire system of headers and 'X' ? A 'set', a 'system', 'pipework' ?

For Alan, this is what is listed on RHDJapans (Jason quoted their price listing as a reference) : https://www.rhdjapan.com/fujitsubo-exh-performance-unit-epu-legalis-total-exhaust-system-fairlady-z-s30-gs30-hs30-2-seater.html

Compatibility is from maker for JDM cars only. We don't guarantee fitment. Always do your own research before purchase.

Nissan Fairlady Z GS30 L20 (10/1971-08/1975)
Nissan Fairlady Z HS30 L24 (10/1971-01/1974)
Nissan Fairlady Z S30 L20 (10/1971-08/1975)

I see no mention of the later S31 models !

I don't see the inverted first flange either but that's probably RHDJpn being lazy and using a previous, library photo

Please just leave it alone. All of it.  Move on. It’s not helping you, you’re not helping yourself. 

why don’t you look here

https://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/products/legalis/r/list

looking around all their info and pick holes with yourself.

Edited by Jason240z
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi guys,

Has anyone successfully ordered the r200 diff section out of the latest version of the fujitsubo exhaust?  I have the previous version in my garage and missed the "not for r200" verbiage.  I suppose another question would be has anyone successfully fitted the version I have with an r200?  I'm going to have a look at it this week when I can shuffle some cars around and get the 240z on the hoist.  Jason's notes above about fujitsubo selling only the r200 diff section give me hope, any suggestions on a reseller would be appreciated.  I have been used rhd and they are not able to answer any inquiries on this point.

Cheers

Edited by ollie

• 3 weeks later...

Exhaust is on, zero clearance issue around my r200.  Fit ls perfect and sounds great.  No need for a revised diff section for my 73 with an r200 at all. I went looking for rougher roads too no contact at all.  You definitely need the Nissan rubber hangers but easy install and I'm way happier than with the Spirit Garage exhaust.  I like flange vs slip fit you just need a helper to make sure the flanges are mated true, and don't over torque the hardware.

Screenshot_20230924_171650_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230924_171621_Gallery.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, duffymahoney said:

Man that looks amazing!

Thanks! 

3rd exhaust system, first was a Stahl header they shipped with a flange that was too thin, and a custom welded stainless header back that droned like crazy. That header wasn't true at all so it liked to leak even with the custom tapered shims. 

Then the whole spirit garage header to tailpipe package, that header fit amazing until you wanted to steer a lhd 240z and nope, only rhd cars please.  Then the fujitsubo header that worked great and the SG header back section bolted right up but I couldn't get the slip fit to ever seal up...and I finally caved this summer and ordered the "v2" header back and here we are now.  Finally!   I was freaking that I needed the "v3" section to clear the r200 but not the case.  

Anyway just in time to tuck it away for winter in BC haha...cheers.