IGNORED

Deja Vu: 1971 Restoration

motorman7

On 12/19/2017 at 12:23 AM, motorman7 said:

....(snipped..cjb)... Also got the windshield wipers on, love those things.   Now its back to the interior.

DSCF5967.JPG

The Z looks Fantastic ! 

A side note, since you mentioned it:

About the windshield wipers - - interesting story in Mr. Uemura’s Book about the development of the windshield wipers - needed to clear the windshield. They even looked at treating the windshield with a product that sounds like RainX.. seems the wipers originally experienced a lot “aerodynamic lift” at higher speeds, and wouldn’t clear the rain drops off the windshield. The finally used that wire frame on the blades as the best solution to reduce the aerodynamic lift. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ray_madera said:

Car really looks soo clean. I would like to do the same to my 240z but need a lot of funds. Would you b willing to send me the complete restoration from start to finish on a CD? I will pay for whatever is needed including postage before you send. Ray

Hi Ray,   I will have to check with the owner on this, but it is doable.  Mike, the guy who runs the site says there is a way to convert the entire thread to PDF.  That would also be a good way to go.

5 hours ago, Carl Beck said:

About the windshield wipers - - interesting story in Mr. Uemura’s Book about the development of the windshield wipers - needed to clear the windshield. They even looked at treating the windshield with a product that sounds like RainX.. seems the wipers originally experienced a lot “aerodynamic lift” at higher speeds, and wouldn’t clear the rain drops off the windshield. The finally used that wire frame on the blades as the best solution to reduce the aerodynamic lift. 

Nice bit of history there.  I love the construction and design with the wire frame.  It is very artistic and detailed.  It also reminds me a bit of those large cables on the Golden Gate bridge as main supports.

4 hours ago, rcb280z said:

Like the mileage counter too, 7777. 

.  Didn't notice that, yes :).  

Thanks again for the kind words everyone.  It's pretty exciting to have is this far along.  I am looking forward to hearing the motor run.  Will have to see what i can do to get a video of that on here.  My camera can't do videos, but my phone will.

Edited by motorman7

1 hour ago, Carl Beck said:

Must find an original exhaust system!!  The reproduction mufflers are pretty accurate, but finding a NOS center section with the resonator won't be easy.

I know.  I am on e-bay quite a bit looking for those, but very hard to find.  Jay at JDM parts has some of the repro pieces but not the whole system.  Also hard to find OEM battery cables.

• Like 1

Rich-

http://www.datsun240zrubber.com/apps/webstore/products/show/7319377

Contact Steve Nixon regarding the battery cables.

He has reproduced them very accurately and they would look perfect on this perfect restoration.

Don't fret that it says "out of stock"---he'll make more.

Edited by Zup
added text

13 hours ago, Zup said:

Rich-

http://www.datsun240zrubber.com/apps/webstore/products/show/7319377

Contact Steve Nixon regarding the battery cables.

He has reproduced them very accurately and they would look perfect on this perfect restoration.

Don't fret that it says "out of stock"---he'll make more.

Thanks for the contact!   I just sent him an e-mail.