IGNORED

Deja Vu: 1971 Restoration

motorman7

I spent a while cleaning up the fuel tank.  It had quite a bit of undercoat covering it so I got rid of that with a putty knife and wire wheel.  After that I sanded it.  There was a small dent near the flat part of the drain plug so I used filler to make the area flat.  I would have preferred to have pushed it out with a rod through the filler port or sensor port, but the baffles were in the way.  Anyway, after getting it  cleaned up I started painting, but ran out of paint (The tank is pretty large).  Will pick up another can tomorrow and finish the paint.  

I put the flex hydraulic lines in for the front brakes and also put on the left front valence and bumper brackets.   I was thinking I could put the bumper on tonight but I wont get the right valence till Friday.  That needs to go on first.  No fancy pics this time.

DSCF5696.JPG

DSCF5698.JPG

DSCF5702.JPG

DSCF5710.JPG

Edited by motorman7

Got the clamps in.  Nice engine jewelry.  They look nice and are each individually bagged.  This really is a good way to go if you want the wire clamps and are not in a hurry.  I think the order took about 2 weeks to arrive.  I did put a spot of grease on the threads as they seemed to run tight in the little attach plate.  Otherwise, the clamps work well.  Attached are a couple pics of them installed.

Also got the hood aligned.  The gaps look very consistent.  Pics are below.

DSCF5717.JPG

DSCF5719.JPG

DSCF5714.JPG

DSCF5721.JPG

DSCF5723.JPG

DSCF5724.JPG

On 10/26/2017 at 3:39 PM, motorman7 said:

These are the clamps (QTY and size) that I ordered off of e-bay for the hose in the engine bay.  Cost was less than $50 for 42 clamps, not bad.  I measured the diameter of each hose using my calipers and ordered clamps that were in the range. 

image.png

Double Wire Hose Clamp Pipe Clip Screw Bolt Tight Fitting Classic Zinc 9-120MM

( 351393130624 )

Clamp Diameter: 25-29Mm

Quantity: 4

ITEM PRICE:

US $4.64

Clamp Diameter: 40-45Mm

Quantity: 6

ITEM PRICE:

US $7.38

Clamp Diameter: 13-16Mm

Quantity: 12

This item has been shipped.

ITEM PRICE:

US $12.60

Clamp Diameter: 28-32Mm

Quantity: 4

ITEM PRICE:

US $4.84

Clamp Diameter: 20-24Mm

Quantity: 10

ITEM PRICE:

US $11.50

Clamp Diameter: 18-22Mm

Quantity: 8

ITEM PRICE:

US $8.88

The link in blue is where I ordered the clamps from.  Cost is a little over $1 each.  Not bad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duffymahoney said:

I ended up getting a few of the smallest size for the fuel lines.  Which you didn't list.  I have 80% or so of my stock ones replated, but a few were broken or missing.  

Yes, I noticed that fuel line OD seems to vary between brands and styles.  The cloth wrap stuff I am using is a smaller OD than the standard Auto part store tubing.  The small clamps will fit the cloth wrap line better.

Also, it is fairly simple to make the clamp diameter smaller if they need to be reduced.  You can cut off a small portion of the two wires that protrude through the plate and reform the wire into the u-shape, making the overall diameter smaller.