IGNORED

Deja Vu: 1971 Restoration

motorman7

12 hours ago, dmorales-bello said:

It's amazing! I don't think I would be able to get any sleep. I'd be on a regimen of Ritalin and pulling all nighters 'till I was done. :love:

If I was single, I would be doing the same.   Being married, the wife takes first priority, so things are moving a little slower than i would like.  Since she let's me accumulate the cars, I am (almost) OK with that.

Edited by motorman7
  • Like 2

I installed the hatch glass this weekend.   I also polished the stainless steel hatch molding and inserted that into the rubber sans corner pieces (which are in my storage unit).  I loosely installed all of the cloth wrap hose for the fuel line.  Will do final install once the clamps come in.  

DSCF5654.JPG

DSCF5658.JPG

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, duffymahoney said:

You decided against the dealer AC?

Correct, no AC on this one.  I am not a big fan of the dealer installed AC set-up, neither is the car owner.  Personally, I think it detracts from the true nature of the Z as a sports car.  Also, the dealer installed compressor is a behemoth that detracts from the whole engine compartment.  If I had a resto-mod Z, I would consider a modern AC system, but not for an original Z.

• Like 1

I aligned and secured the fenders.  Also installed the two access panels.  Will pick up the hood from the paint shop tomorrow and install that.   Cleaned up the coil, installed the clutch slave cylinder and started clean-up on the brake booster (Looks like it spent a little time at the bottom of the ocean).   Anyway still moving along on this.  Should get some time this weekend to make some good progress. Pics below.

DSCF5663.JPG

DSCF5674.JPG

DSCF5668.JPG

DSCF5672.JPG

Edited by motorman7