IGNORED

HLS30-00006 at the Crusher?

Many thanks Chris! I'm grateful for the info. I agree with you, it would make sense that it was the same green and tan car as at Boston that you dug up due to the proximity in time and location. 

It seems there were many photos and videos of the silver and red show cars but the green one not so many.

So with all these B&W photos has anyone tried film/photo colorization? It is like trying to figure out US history vs world history in school of the same time frame but all the facts are not known. 

I think an official agreed upon timeline should be created that can be debated by each line and date. I know it is an old topic for a lot of you but some of us who don't have the stash of files and pictures are curious to know our Z history here in the states and across all ponds. Thankful of the knowledge you guys are putting out on this thread. 

Kats,

That photo matches closely with the "Nissan News" photo of the Beverly Hilton event.  So it was silver!

Also, from Datsun Dealer Bulletin NS-69-008, Dated October 16, 1969, Robert O. Link; Auto Shows scheduled;

Boston October 25 - November 1, 1969

Los Angeles October 31 - November 9, 1969

San Francisco November 4 - 9, 1969

Detroit November 15 - 23, 1969

That's a great photo, thanks!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 26th-Z said:

Kats,

That photo matches closely with the "Nissan News" photo of the Beverly Hilton event.  So it was silver!

Also, from Datsun Dealer Bulletin NS-69-008, Dated October 16, 1969, Robert O. Link; Auto Shows scheduled;

Boston October 25 - November 1, 1969

Los Angeles October 31 - November 9, 1969

San Francisco November 4 - 9, 1969

Detroit November 15 - 23, 1969

That's a great photo, thanks!

Chris, I have photos of Detroit 69 but no Z yet. You can see Datsun Signs in the distance and some Toyotas.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Detroit Auto Show Nov 30 1969.jpg

Image1.jpg

Edited by 240260280

Yes, I have those pictures of Detroit.  Compare the display design with other show photos you have and you will see the common traveling stage set-up and graphics for 1969.  That changed for 1970 when Datsun USA won "The most beautiful exhibit" award at the Los Angeles show.  It is difficult to see, but the New York show in April had that same 'tea garden' theme. exhibit. 

Blue, I did it before ? OK . And the silver car has a chrome Z quater emblem , and does not have a dove tail at the door , I see some super early cars do not have the dove tail , this can be a clue for determing the chassis number .

Chris, I think I have visited the ball room in Christmas 2006. I just wanted to feel atomosphere and imagine an excitement when the 240Z was on the display . Yes , it was small than I expected.

Kats   

P1010742.JPG

Edited by kats
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi , were those Kimono (traditional Japanese dress ) ladies the same of the color picture which I posted last time  ?

Color picture was showing at Beverly Hilton LA , this mono picture shows different floor, different color of the 240Z , but looks same Kimono ladies , the one in short hair style and the other in long hair style. 

The two ladies were the same but the place was different ?

Kats

F48D5FC0-AC75-492A-82EB-50BEF88C9245.jpeg

E3C8EDC3-C92A-4820-B29B-EADA3F4CF6BC.jpeg

Edited by kats