IGNORED

Ebay items out of Graham WA.

Terrapin Z

Wow, what a saga on your rear bumper Jim.  Sorry to hear after all the effort you went through.   (this one plus the earlier black dragon attempt)

What about getting your original bumper redone?  Zup did both of his with excellent results.   Or, did you ever consider the Futofab bumper?   Your beautiful car deserves the best & you must have had close to $400 into the Ebay bumper.

Wow Jim that is a horrible story. I saw this guys ads on OfferUp and there was a sketchy look, sound and feel to them. he claimed to have a 70 and a 72 for sale but I never contacted him. 

Sounds like a good thing I didn't. Sad but true that there are some people out there just to rip you off. I wonder how many others got the same treatment. He had listed the two cars I mentioned on eBay as well, and another 70 for $15K. I suspect they are all POS's and the buyers got scamed.

If I remember right S30Driver got his bumpers from me a while back when he was in WA, and was pleased with them. 

I have two other sets of bumpers right now (70 and 73), that are not perfect, but would offer them up if you want to go that route. S30 has some good suggestions too. 

I don't post things like that on eBay because of the shipping cost. I normally list the bigger stuff locally on CL or OU. I would take more care in the disassembly of course. The smaller the box the better the shipping rate. I do have a saws-all too for the best rate. 

1 hour ago, S30Driver said:

Wow, what a saga on your rear bumper Jim.  Sorry to hear after all the effort you went through.   (this one plus the earlier black dragon attempt)

What about getting your original bumper redone?  Zup did both of his with excellent results.   Or, did you ever consider the Futofab bumper?   Your beautiful car deserves the best & you must have had close to $400 into the Ebay bumper.

Hey James, if you recall my OE bumpers have been shaved and painted body color for that monochrome look I wanted, no regrets.  My plan is to be able to swap them out with a chromed Euro/JDM-look set with no rubber strips or bumperettes.  Toward that goal, I have a NOS JDM front bumper anxiously awaiting a rear partner.  It turns that Futofab, BD, MSA, and perhaps others were/are sourcing their replacements from the same mfr.  I originally tried a Futofab unit and had fitment issues.  Dave Patten asked me to take a series of body measurements and gave me a full return credit, including shipping.  The BD bumper I bought had the exact same issues.  Dave has compiled additional measurements, identified errors that crept into mfg. process, has notified the mfr. and expects revised versions sometime in the 1st qtr.

I pulled a rear bumper off a '72 parts car last week - the ends look good but the center bar needs some help.  I'll get it to a bumper shop soon to see if it can be brought up to quality at a reasonable cost.  If that fails and nothing else turns up, I'll probably wait until Dave confirms he has the Mk-II version and it meets his expectations.

1 hour ago, Terrapin Z said:

If I remember right S30Driver got his bumpers from me a while back when he was in WA, and was pleased with them. 

I have two other sets of bumpers right now (70 and 73), that are not perfect, but would offer them up if you want to go that route.

You're right David, I love those bumpers.  Early this year, I replaced the rubber & the carriage bolts.

If I needed another one, I would not hesitate to make a deal with the ones you have.

Thanks James, glad those are holding up for you. Those came off the first parts car I picked up not more the 10 miles from me, A 72 just sitting out in a front yard.

I have been through at least 6 cars since then. I have never been out looking for top dollar. I pick up cars on the cheap, keep some parts for myself and offer the rest up for Z enthusiasts 

like yourself (CL if I remember right) and this forum for a fair price. They are getting harder to find though. I also have to be wary of people like the guy in Graham, so I have passed on a few cars for just for that reason. 

Thanks for the vote of confidence.